ZAGG screwing me over?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ryannazaretian, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

So I filed a warranty replacement with ZAGG over a week ago. They sent me the new invisibleSHIELD , and I promptly returned both the front and back invisibleSHIELDs to ZAGG the next day.

Well, a few days ago, I got an email from them.

What the heck am I able to do? I sent back both pieces. I emailed Sidney back immediately asking her about the situation, and I never received a reply.

I'm a first time customer for ZAGG. Is this how they treat all customers?

2. sportster macrumors 6502

We have had our replaced a few times on our iPhones. But, we have only delt with the Zagg stands in the mall. No issues at all, but then again its was all done face to face.

Good luck with it. I guess next time or for others ship it back with tracking.

3. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Well they received it... They admitted that. But they said they only received the front half.

4. Benjamins macrumors 6502a

I am sure you'll be fine.
    It's not worth the bad publicity for a few pieces of stickers.

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

did you stick them together to make them look like one or did you fold them each in half or did you stick them both to a piece of paper?

6. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I stuck them onto one of the original wax paper that they were shipped with. I can't remember whether together or front and back. Either way, they should be able to tell.

7. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

You're probably getting screwed, it's BS if you truly did send back both pieces. They wouldn't just magically disappear. They probably just don't want to issue you a refund.

File a compliant with your CC company

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

You screwed yourself over if you bought an InvisbleShield. :p I wouldn't touch a Zagg product with a ten foot pole- and their customer service sucks more than their orange peels..err products.

9. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Maybe I can be saved?

10. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

maybe you didn't send back both parts.
    just send your receipt and they'll do as they say.

Theyre real sticklers and really not the best, just the best at publicity.
    their product sucks.

I would just take the loss and get one that really works, like SGP.

11. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Or the Otterbox Defender wrapped around my phone right now. :rolleyes:

12. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Well I think they made it right, but it cannot fix the wrong that they made.

They mysteriously received the return of my original invisibleSHIELD. I guess that got off their butts and actually looked at what I sent them instead of just rambling on about how I didn't send it.

13. doccho macrumors newbie

Well, I got a similar, somewhat different situation.

I got my replacement, then sent them back the original via USPS. A few weeks later, they notified me that they had not yet received the return from me. I sent reply with the date I had sent back it.

Finally, Dec. 17th they let me know they charged ratail value because they did not received the return.

Who should I blame for this? USPS? Or Myself who did not send the return via certified mail or something, which costs me lots more so that it does not give me any benefit at all?

14. mpossoff macrumors 68020

that happened to me. I called them and they credited my credit card with no problems. It's better to call then by email.

15. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

Mine started to peel off on the edges a week after I bought it. I wanted to get a replacement, but I didn't want to bother requesting a new one, paying $4 to ship it, and then ship my old one back, just to have the replacement peel off again, so I just don't have a case now :mad:

16. reebs macrumors 6502

reebs

I bought the invisible shield for 2 iphones and have not used them since Power Support. I find static screen protectors are much clearer than wet installs plus it seems like they are not even there.

17. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I think Zagg completely sucks and I will never use them again.

However, when I did a return I did get my money back. Basically, I paid by paypal. Got the product, it didn't hold up after only a couple days so I returned with USPS priority and delivery confirmation. Over a week after they received and no refund. Did the contact form on their site no response. Emailed president@zagg and let them know I'm unhappy and if something wasn't done I'd have no choice but dispute with paypal. Got a email back in a couple hours and refunded.

One thing I always do though and I learned from ebay. Always ship with delivery confirmation, always keep proof of what you sent. I attached the pieces to the bottom of my cancel message. Scanned that and included a copy as well, etc.. Always back yourself up.

18. solardrgn macrumors newbie

i just ordered a replacement, how should i send back my old one?

19. lisaannie macrumors newbie

Just so you know, USPS Includes tracking on all first class mail - the tracking number is on your receipt. It doesn't cost extra. So if you sent it 1st class, check your receipt and you can track your package to Zagg, give them the receipt info, and they'll reverse the charges

20. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Not sure if you realize, this thread is four years old.