Zagg Shield Application Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00t951, Jun 24, 2010.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I just got my iPhone 4, but I can't open and use it until I get my Zagg shields for fear of fingerprints. If I gave in and used it, would the shields stick as well as they would have if i had not touched the screen? Thanks.

2. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Yes, exactly the same. And the cool thing is, fingerprints on the new iPhone are not permanent!

3. w00t951 thread starter macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have found the perfect solution to this problem. I took a peek inside the box, and found that Apple was nice enough to provide plastic guards on the front and back of the phone. I just cut off the tabs at the bottom of the phone and slipped it into my bumper case, preventing the temporary film from falling off. I also slit the speaker on the front of the phone, allowing me to place calls without using speakerphone. The only downside: The plastic over the Home Button takes a couple of hours of usage to stretch out enough to depress fully. Other than that, I feel confident in using this phone.

4. Dsking85 macrumors member

just wipe off the phone before you install it... it says that on the instructions. I applied one to a 3gs that was a year old with scratches on it and it was fine