Zagg shield arrived WET

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duckkg5, Feb 28, 2009.

1. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

OK I just got my zagg shield for my 15" unibody and it came in a tube that came in a huge box.

I pulled all the pieces out and the edges of some of the sections are wet. Not like dripping, but just saturated, like you can see through it.

I set them out to dry - should I call the company and tell them (or Mr. Zagg)? Will the water warp the shield before I put it on? This sucks, it was $50 and now it might not work.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Probably a delivery problem, call Zagg and no doubt they'll give you a new one.

3. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Ditto the above post. They give out replacements for even the smallest things.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It sounds like the spray bottom broke; no fretting needing since they are suppose to be wet when you apply it.

You could ask for a new one, which they will probably send, but you may have to pay for return shipping.

5. isaki87 macrumors regular

you are gonna have to send yours back and pay for shipping both ways. I have had the same done before, but if you talk to them nicely, you can get them to pay for shipping...

6. eldy macrumors 6502

The margins on their products are through the roof!

7. duckkg5 thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

I set it out to dry and it looked fine so I applied the shield.

This was easily one of the most frustrating and disappointing computer accessories I've ever purchased. I was careful and followed all the instructions, but it was still extremely difficult to get everything perfect. The bottom looks like complete ****. The top is fine, but a little thread managed to slip in some how and is now permanently stuck between the shield and the case. Almost wish I hadn't bought this thing. Ugh. Hope everyone else was better at this than I was.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It does take a lot of patience to put on. Use a lot of spray and squeegee all of it out or it will shift. Finally you should let parts of it dry before trying to put other pieces on.

That said, I believe they offer refunds if you are not satisfied.

9. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Invisible Shields are terrible I got one for my DS Lite it took 2.5 hours to apply and came out terrible. I sent it back and bought a Best Skins Ever. It took 10 minutes to apply and came out superb.

10. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

I'm thinking of getting one of these type products for my new MB, I think I'll get my friend who has OCD to put it on for me .

11. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

They certainly can be frustrating. I installed one on my dad's MacBook Air last week and wanted to murder a small animal. As someone else said, use plenty of spray and squeegee it all out. Don't be afraid to pull it off and reapply if you spot an issue during the initial installation.

12. duckkg5 thread starter macrumors member

duckkg5

Man I wish I had known that earlier. I was too scared to reapply it or try to force it because I thought it would mess up or tear. I wrote the company an email and asked for a replacement because mine looks like a burn victim's face. I don't expect them to send one, but I'd really appreciate if they did now that I know the right way to do it.

13. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Don't they include instructions with it?.

I'm pretty sure they will have to send you another one if the one you received was faulty, just ring em up and explain , simple.
    Most company's are fine if something is delivered faulty , they replace it without fuss, if they don't speak with the local trading standards or what ever is the equivalent in your country, my guess is though is that if you simply give them a call, sooner rather than later they will sort it.

14. Intense macrumors regular

That was hilarious.
    In respect to people with OCD, I have been told that I have OCD.

15. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Sorry but are you being sarcastic ?

16. abcdefGARY macrumors regular