zagg shield worth it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdsniper7, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mdsniper7 macrumors newbie

anyone use these the numbers from apple won,t prevent scratches, has anyone true Zach shields on there iphone. Any cons

2. CougarKid macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I previously had one on my 3GS. It's a great screen protector, but makes the screen look kind of like an orange pattern is sitting over it. Otherwise it worked great.

3. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Too expensive and the installation bugs many people.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Zagg is a rip off. The less expensive ones work fine. Don't pay more than $4 for a screen protector.

5. i4Collin macrumors regular

I would say stay away from it. It does a great job of protecting the screen, but that is its only benefit. It's difficult to install, gets dirty, and gives your screen "the orange peel effect". If you look at an orange, it has a bunch of tiny little dimples. Basically it's that, but on your screen. I had a Zagg Invisible Shield on my first iPhone 4, and after I got it replaced at the Genius Bar, I did not go back and get another shield.

6. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

I got 5 for 5$ marked down from 15$ :D

7. mateen110 macrumors regular

Bestskinsever is better than zaggs and its cheaper. I don't know why people keep going for zaggs

8. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

They do have great advertising ( Military Grade Protection)

Props to them for that but generally all screen protectors are the same, Zagg may be a bit higher in quality but it isn't noticeable and not worth as much as a case ($25)

9. macinnv macrumors regular

Best skins ever is a great product!

10. mranderson930 macrumors member

Not too difficult to install. I've had a zagg shield but now I only buy from bestskinsever because they are basically the same exact thing but cheaper.

11. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

It's true. I used Zagg for a long time. Then I discovered BSE is CHEAPER and BETTER.

12. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

Zagg is terrible, I had one on my iPad for all of 5 mins. It affects the touch responsiveness. That was enough for me. I promptly returned it to best buy.

13. juan370Z macrumors regular

Is a rip offf they sucks always come off i replaced mine 3 time till i gave up on them.

14. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I got a 3$ 2 part screen protector and back peace from deal extreme that was easy to install and works great...

15. Henry Ford macrumors member

They're terrible. They start peeling at the corners within a couple of weeks, and then after a couple of months you'll stick your hand in your pocket to grab your phone and the screen protector will just roll half way up your phone.