Zagg ~ The Folio iPad 2 Case and keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by halfcack, Jan 28, 2012.

  1. halfcack macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2011
    #1
    For about 15 minutes I didn't like the keyboard. I have the Apple wireless keyboard for the iPad 2.

    I thought I would never get use to the change but it is a quality case with loads of protection and I qualified for free shipping and Zagg's Smartbuds for free.

    For a case that I initially hated, I love the thing.

    One problem, the two keyboards can not be active at the same time.
     
  2. mantic macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2007
    Location:
    AL
    #2
    I'm glad that you've grown to like the case. I seriously considered it when I was looking for a case, initially. I read a lot of reviews that complained that it was very cheap/cheesy looking in person. These reviews turned me away from the product. Moreover, I realized that I would not always want the weight and bulk of that the folio style cases attribute to the iPad. Maybe I should have given it a shot, but for now, I've ordered the Apple BT keyboard--I hope it fits my needs.
     
  3. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2011
    Location:
    Norway
    #3
    Of reasons of portability and safe/good sheltering of the iPad I went for the ZAGGfolio, in addition to the excellent keyboard. I am very satisfied with this, and it's also very east to take the iPad out of the case if that is a need, as it is for me sometimes. The battery time is also really amazing.

    I must also say that it does not (in my eyes and my friends at least) look "cheap" at all. A leather case is also offered, but I preferred the other one for this iPad2 of mine now.

    I wonder whether the iPad3 (if it will be 1 mm thicker) will fit in. Must there be a new model of ZAGGfolio case also?

    BTW, earlier I used the Apple keyboard, but it was too cumbersome to carry around together with the iPad when on the road or travelling - the bags that I came across were all too heavy and big, so that the sum of it all got over the Air 11 with regard to weight and size.
     
  4. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

    Crazy Badger

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2008
    Location:
    Scotland
    #4
    I've got one too, and after a few weeks of being unsure now love it. The keyboard takes a little while to get used to and it's does make the iPad a little bulky, but it's very well protected and makes the iPad much more useable as a business tool, rather than just a nice to have gadget/toy :D
     
  5. mantic macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2007
    Location:
    AL
    #5
    I completely understand that needs and experiences determine what avenue is best suited for an individual. I think that you have likely chosen the best in your case, and perhaps I will come to same conclusion given time with the Apply keyboard--as you have. I just realized the ability to grab my iPad, flip open the cover, and hold it in one hand was essential for my style of usage. I would estimate my iPad is used in this fashion 80% of the time, thus I didn't want to complicate/hinder that experience. However, the other 20% of the time, a folio style case would likely be more useful. Like most things in life, you're forced to make some sort of compromise and hope that you've made the best decision given your situation.
     
  6. zipur macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    Location:
    The great state of Texas
    #6
    I'm with you I have a Marware c.e.o case. Flip , hold portrait and thumb type that is the true intent of the iPad speed. Anything else is a MacBook.
     

Share This Page