Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Which would you consider to be better? I had an invisible shield on my first gen iPod touch, but have never had a best skins ever.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I had a leather Zagg skin on the back of my 4s and it was great for a little protection and some added grip. No experience with "best skins ever."

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Better's always a subjective matter no matter what the topic. Randomly polling others what they think is better isn't useful unless you also understand why they think one option is better. It's the why that you'll use to determine the relevance of the opinion your your own preferences.

IIRC they're basically the same material. Try searching:
https://www.google.com/search?q=zag...&sugexp=chrome,mod=3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Screen protectors are an extremely common topic. You might want to try the iPhone Accessories subforum.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I have always found BestSkinsEver to be better cut and since they are priced lower, I can buy a couple of sets for less money. That being said, I'm going to give Bodyguardz a shot this year. They use gel to install instead of water. It looks a lot easier and less of a mess. I ordered a set and will find out.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Ive had the original Zagg Invisible Shield on my iPhone 3GS back and a best skins ever skin on the back of my iPad 2. Theres basically no difference.

The only thing is the Zagg one came with a bottle of application solution in a small spray bottle and the BSE skin expected you to mix a drop of washing up liquid with water in a spray bottle yourself. I don't know if Zagg still provide these but it was much easier having it provided and ready

I have just ordered one of Zaggs new HD skins for my iPhone 5, will be interesting to see how it compares to the old ones as it certainly cost a lot extra!

The Brando skins have a lovely glassy feel to them but the one i had on my DSLR screen came off very easily so I wouldn't trust it on a phone.

jasonbro

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
I ordered Ghost Armor. Although i hadn't heard of Zagg HD......

Last year when i did the research for films i decided on ghost armor because it didn't have the "orange peel effect" Zagg had.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I ordered Ghost Armor. Although i hadn't heard of Zagg HD......

Last year when i did the research for films i decided on ghost armor because it didn't have the "orange peel effect" Zagg had.

Ye the orange peel isn't great, i certainly wouldn't want that on the screen of my device but its ok for the rear.

It will be interesting to see what the HD version is like, they describe it as a glass like feel.

Ive never heard of the ghost armour skin. Will look them up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.