iPad Zagg vs Clamcase (keyboard cases) for Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by wildmac, Jan 28, 2014.

1. wildmac macrumors 65816

So, I have an iPad Air. Currently using my older Brookstone keyboard case, which is nice, and they have a new version out for the iPad Air, but.. the one thing I don't like about the Brookstone is that since it's a folding case, you have to prop up the screen which makes lap use a bit awkward.

So I'm looking at the Zagg and the Clamcase ones (and waiting and waiting and waiting for Clamcase.....)

What are the thoughts on these two? I've seen the complaints that the Zagg won't fold back all the way, and that the hinges might be a bit cheap. I've also seen some complaints about eariler version of Clamcase keyboards.

So.. wait for Clamcase? buy the Zagg which is $40-60 cheaper? Buy the updated Brookstone?

Side note here, besides the leather outer, the real reason I love the Brookstone is the keyboard is far better than any of the others I've ever tested. Key spread feels like a real keyboard.

2. ffnc1020 macrumors member

I have owned a ClamCase Pro. I think it might be the best of its kind, although I have no experience on Zagg nor Brookstone. I am also waiting on the new Clamcase for Air, and that's what I will recommend.
    I have played with Zagg folio a little bit, but they feel really cheap. I think the Zagg keyboard cover has superior quality over the folio, it might be an alternative. However I do want the cover on the back, so it's no for me personally.

3. wildmac thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, the folio is certainly cheaper than the Clamcase.. but Clamcase is worse than Apple right now for getting a product out.. :rolleyes:

If all else fails, I can go back to the Brookstone, at least I know the quality of that one. ;)