Zagg Zbud earphones.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Shwonx, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Shwonx macrumors member

Does anyone have the Zagg Zbud earphones? I need a new set because the stock earphones are a piece of **** (and the left earphone broke). Does anyone have them and have anything to say about them? How is the durability?

If anyone has any info, let me know. Thanks. :)

2. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

Good choice

I have a set...I have had them scene last summer...I don't use them every day or even close to it....and I'm very careful with them as I am with all my gadgets and accessories...Overall I love them..the tangle free cords work great...they have a assortment of ear inserts to accommodate different 'size' ears ( the only plug I've ever found to stay in my right ear)..I also like the cord management system. I have no complaints with the quality of sound. I would purchase them again & would not hesitate to recommend them....they can be found for under $40.00 if you look around....or at least they used to...:D

BTW I am not affiliated with Zagg......

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have to say the opposite... I bought them about a year ago, or a little more, on a half-off sale. First, the cord is ridiculously long, and it has too many useless stops and junctions in it. They're reasonably comfortable and the audio was good, but mine only lasted through about 6 months of daily use -- about what I get out of typical $20 buds like the Griffin Tunebuds Mobile. I got them replaced under warranty, but I haven't used the new pair yet -- they're sitting boxed while I use the Scosche earbuds I bought as a replacement (probably get used when those go bad).

4. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

As I said I am not a frequent user...I've wondered how they would last if I were. I like the long cord..easier to route and get out of the way. I don't see how any of them would last a very long time with daily use...to be usable they have to be small and lightweight....

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I guess... but there's a difference between paying $20 for earbuds and having them break in six months, and paying $80 (although, in truth, I paid $40, half off) and getting the same.

FWIW, daily use for me mostly meant wearing them for about 60-80 minutes daily walking to and from work, plus on trains or buses, etc. I used to run a lot with earphones, but by the time I started using these regularly, IIRC, I rarely ran with them. I kept them neatly in my briefcase when I wasn't using them.

6. ellenm macrumors member

ellenm

Sale on Zagg Zbuds

Just so you know you can get the Zbuds currently for $24.99. I think they are coming out with new earbuds soon so they are selling off their old stock.

I have the Zbuds and like the longer cord because I use them on the treadmill and put my iPhone on the treadmill. Plus the cord management is nice keeping them on my neck.

That said the first pair I had to send back because there was a problem with the volume. The second pair work much better but I have had them less than a month so I can't say anything about long term use.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

At that price, they're probably competitive with alternative options....

8. Shwonx thread starter macrumors member

I bought 2 pairs for 24.99 and got an aditional 5 off using a20% discount code. Only got two vecause on my first order I usEd my name for the billing name but was using my mothers card. Thinking the order would be rjected I re ordered with the correct info this time. They ended up both shipping so I may end up keeping both if the lifespan is as bad as you say. I'll be wearing them around 7-10 hours a day though they will mostly be hanging there making me look pretty.