Zaggbuds are Terrible!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Resist, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Finally got around to trying out the Zaggbuds that ZAGG sent me when I went through my Zaggsparq issue.

ZAGG can't be serious with these earbuds....can they? These things totally suck! There's no bass in them at all. I even tried my iPhone's bass booster EQ setting, but they still sucked.

My first generation iPod Touch's cheapo headphones sound much better than these terrible excuse for earbuds.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

should have got http://www.meelec.com/ or Sennheiser, Shure, Klipsh, Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi to name a few I like some of Zaggs stuff but not the buds.

3. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Are these Zaggbuds or the Smartbuds? I got a pair recently and I like them. Not the best out there, but to me, they are pretty good. I don't really like too much heavy bass, so I really didn't notice it, and it was pretty clear. Comfortable in my ears and comfortable to wear. I guess it's not for the hardcore music listener, which I am not.

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

They are Zaggbuds and yes I know what I should have gotten, but as I said ZAGG gave these to me and I just now got around to trying them out. No wonder they were free though, they're junk. Don't even need to be a hard core music lover to notice the lack of bass in them, it's really bad.

5. deeesea macrumors 6502

are you putting them in your ears properly? a lot of times with these IEMs it's all about the fit issue, you'll notice a lack thereof or tinny bass if you don't have the right sized tips for your ears.

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes I am putting them in my ears properly. The lack of bass with these earbuds is dramatic and not something that ear placement would make any difference. There literally is was to much treble and NO bass sound. I'm not much of a ZAGG fan to begin with, but these things are really terrible. If I had paid for them, I would really be pissed.

7. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Just want to add my experience in here, if the silicone is too loose you won't hear any of the bass. You need to get the right sized silicone attachment piece to the buds to make them sound right. For my sony buds I can tell they're fitting in right because they muffle exterior sounds slightly.

That's assuming you picked the wrong one so far, if not, ignore this & move along.

8. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Apparently I have to say it again because some aren't reading what I already stated. I know how to use earbuds, so yes I am using the correct size silicone attachments for my ears.

These Zaggbuds produce nothing but treble, with no bass at all. Maybe other ZAGG earbuds are much better, but the ones they sent me are junk.

9. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

10. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes I know, but as I stated in my first post, I received these Zbuds for free from ZAGG. Now I know why they gave them out. It was to clear their shelves of this lousy product.

11. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

I own a pair, and you are either not using them properly or got a faulty pair. One of the biggest complaints about ZAGGbuds is the bass that is almost to heavy at times.

12. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

13. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Eh, they look like rebranded generic headphones, nothing special. The power of marketing...

14. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I can assure you I know how to use earbuds, it's not rocket science. My Zbuds are the old orange with blue ones.

So anyway I contacted ZAGG and they will pay for me to send them back and be replaced with their latest version, the one with the mic. I will report back how they work out.

15. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I think at this point, you've had such bad luck with Zagg, they could send you a goose that lays golden eggs, and you would complain the gold wasn't shiny enough. :D

16. bcp23 macrumors member

I'd like to know how the Zagg Smartbuds work out too. I've been on the fence about buying these and some of the reviews have been pretty good.

17. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes I have had bad luck with ZAGG products, but I'm not alone. In particular, lots of people are unhappy with the Zaggsparq.

However if I had a product of theirs that was worth a hoot, I'd give them props.

18. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

The Smartbuds arrived today and while they are an improvement over the previous version I had, they still are lacking in bass. Don't get me wrong they sound good, but just don't have enough natural bass. My OEM iPhone earbuds clearly have more natural bass than ZAGG's.

19. deeesea macrumors 6502

lol then the new ones must sound like **** as well. Seeing how the stock earbuds sound like absolute trash. Go pick up a pair of proper IEMs ;). I've been hearing a lot of good things about the A-Jays 3 or the new A-Jays 4 by Jays.

20. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I know there are much better quality earbuds on the market, but my thread isn't about that. It's about how I received a free pair from ZAGG that turned out to be junk and they replaced them with something they claimed was much better. Turned out they are better, but not by much. There are many people that claim these earbuds are fantastic, but after listening to mine I don't understand how this can be when my OEM iPhone earbuds out perform them (in my opinion).