Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oicaptain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Washington DC
I ordered my Zaggfolio on March 7th and the order is still "in-process". Anyone actually own the Zaggfolio yet?

Debating whether or not to exchange my iPad too because it gets really hot but I don't know if all of them just get really hot. Based on the articles, it sounds like most of the iPads are experiencing this anyway - I feel like by the time exchange, I'll get another really hot iPad.

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I ordered my Zaggfolio on March 7th and the order is still "in-process". Anyone actually own the Zaggfolio yet?

Debating whether or not to exchange my iPad too because it gets really hot but I don't know if all of them just get really hot. Based on the articles, it sounds like most of the iPads are experiencing this anyway - I feel like by the time exchange, I'll get another really hot iPad.
ordred mine like on the 14th recieved it the 15th but i just got the carbon fiber not the leather one didnt feel like waiting 3 weeks, love it have not had an issue hope they come out with a bluetooth 4.0 keyboard soon

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'm using the Carbon Fiber Zaggfolio as well. We all thought there were going to be issues with these "early release" Zagg cases but it turns out they work great. Tight fit, but the magnetic lock/unlock does work. i'm happy.

And i'm sure there's something to be gained from a BT 4.0 keyboard, but I don't see any need to upgrade this keyboard. Works great!

pekoe1111

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Wirelessly posted

I have it too and magnets work fine. Do you guys take the IPad out when you want to use it as a tablet, or just fold it over?

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California

if your iPad is hot, have you tried turning down your Screen Brightness settings? Worked like a charm for mine.

I have one of the original Zagg/Logitech keyboard cases, the one that clips onto the iPad 2. I really love the dedicated iPad keys that access the Home button, copy, paste, photo app, volume, music/sound controls,etc. With their newer version, I am quite sure you can't go wrong.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Question for the group. I really like the idea of the Zaggfolio but wonder how the iPad screen is protected. I like to leave the screen without a protector, is there any risk of scratches?

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Question for the group. I really like the idea of the Zaggfolio but wonder how the iPad screen is protected. I like to leave the screen without a protector, is there any risk of scratches?

I have always used the Power Support Anti-glare screen protector. I had it on my iPad 2 until I sold it. After removing it, my screen was like new - sure added to my resale value!

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX

I don't see how it would scratch based on how it closes. There is a space between the screen and the keyboard when fully closed and latched.

Wirelessly posted

I have it too and magnets work fine. Do you guys take the IPad out when you want to use it as a tablet, or just fold it over?

I take it out when I'm just laying around in bed surfing. But if I'm working and say someone pings me with a Words With Friends turn, I just either lay it out flat on the table or fold it over. Both work fine. It's a little awkward in the fold over mode since the keyboard now faces to the back.

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
loving mine so far just wish i had waited on the leather one rather than jumping on the carbon fiber one.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
The Zagg keyboard folio looks really great, but it really annoys me when they claim compatability with iPad 2 & 3. The magnet polarity is different,as is the thickness of the device.
Zagg did the same thing with their slim folio and a huge percentage of the cases do not trigger the sleep/wake function, my Hubby being one of them . At least they have offered replacements though.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
looks like it works fine.. a tight fit sounds good to me.. makes me more confident it won't fall out. not sure what the problem is.

You're right, there is no problem. I was one of those that received the early shipment of iPad 3 carbon fiber Zaggfolio's that were still labeled for iPad 2. I got all excited by the hype of people saying it was not going to work. In the end, the case works great and the fit is tight but not overly so. I wouldn't want it any looser to be honest. It's perfect for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.