Zaggfolio or is there better?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by f4d3, May 10, 2012.

1. f4d3 macrumors newbie

f4d3

I plan on buying a zaggfolio case/keyboard for my iPad. I'm a college student and having a physical keyboard would make note taking much easier. Is there cheaper and better keyboard cases other than the zaggfolio?

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Not that I am aware of. A good quality bluetooth keyboard and a decent case for either or both of them pretty much work out to that price, if not more.

There will definitely be cheaper or better cases out there, but I doubt you will find both in the same package. :p

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I use one of these new low profile keyboards w/cover.

It's really terrific.

http://is.gd/Vnu1Sa

4. f4d3 thread starter macrumors newbie

f4d3

One last question, I should probably start a new thread or google this. Here it is, should I get a macbook pro/air and sell my iPad or just keep my iPad and buy the zaggfolio? I'm a college student and I shouldn't be doing any gaming other than taking notes in class.

5. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I bought one and the only problem is that it would not work with a screen protector. When you try to slide it in the slot they provide it pulls the screen protector off. The grips are really tight and they will not go over the screen protector.

Have a nice day,
    HiddenPuppy

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

There are arguments both for and against attempting to use an ipad in place of a cheap laptop. A quick google will turn up ample results.

In summary, a laptop will do everything you need in college, including online research projects and the like, plus you will be more than familiar with its operating system. You just can't go wrong with a laptop.

Conversely, a 64gb ipad + zaggfolio already costs as much as a basic 11" MBA. Pros typically include its long battery life (relative to a MBA anyways) and 3G/4G connectivity, but IOS will definitely take some getting used to when you try to use it to perform traditional laptop tasks.

What else do you foresee yourself doing in college?

7. f4d3, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

f4d3 thread starter macrumors newbie

f4d3

To be honest, notes and researching would be what I would do. I already have a iPad but I can trade for a MBP if I wanted, it's just whether, it's worth it for me.
    Note: If I were to upgrade to a macbook pro, I would have to drop another $450.

8. Hyper-X macrumors 6502a

Just got a Zagg Folio and typing on it now. It's a lot smaller than I thought, but this is coming from the fact that I've been using the Otterbox Defender previously.

The keyboard feel is very springy and it feels like it has .5mm more travel than the wireless keyboard for the iMacs but overall it's scaled smaller so it's more compact and if you intend on doing a lot of mobile typing, this is one of the best keyboards I've felt in a very long time. I still prefer using a full scale keyboard but this is the first time I can say that I can type on this without issue.

9. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

i need both the iPad and a notebook.
    I prefer using the iPad for note taking and pdf annotations. its much lighter to carry around and it has a far better battery life.

but for anything productive, I need a notebook because it simply has better productivity tools and programs that the iPad don't have.

however for many other things, especially media consumption I prefer the iPad.