ZaggMate?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bdavis89, Dec 3, 2010.

1. bdavis89 macrumors regular

2. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Nce!!! I'm tempted to get one. Let me know how it works for you... :D

3. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

4. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Bravo on your to be expected and useless post. :rolleyes:

My fiancée' picked this up for me on Monday at Best Buy as a gift. She saw me eyeing it online one day and honestly I was just looking at the keyboard-less version.

Its a pretty nice case. The case does not feel as cheap as stated in some of the reports I have read on sites (Engadget I think was one that posted this in their first impressions) and the iPad stays in pretty snug. With some vigorous shaking by just holding the case and not the iPad as well, you can get the iPad to fall out. I could never see it falling out accidentally, however.

The iPad is kind of a PITA to get out once it is in, however. There is no easy way to get it out other than prying at it from one side. The bluetooth keyboard works very well. You enter in a passcode on the first sync and then it automatically syncs when you turn it on each time after. I have not needed to charge it yet, although I have only really used it for typing up some notes and word documents.

It looks like the keyboardless case provides more viewing angles which would be nice. Even if not using the keyboard, it is nice to have it on my lap and not have to hold with both hands while watching a movie. The iPad is pretty secure while placed in the case but it could be easily tipped over if not on a stable surface.

5. bdavis89 thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds neat! Yeah, I read the engadget review saying it felt kinda cheap, but all the other reviews I've seen say otherwise. I've read the battery supposedly lasts months? But nobody had been able to test it that long obviously lol.

Right now I've got the cyber acoustics case, which is nice for carrying around and propping up, but when using it around the house I like to take it out because it gets off center when the flap folds back. This looks like it would be nice to take to school for notes and even papers. Not gonna lie, while I posted this using my iPad, it's not a pleasure.

6. Edwhatever macrumors newbie

Keyboard less version

I think both versions are quite useful.
    For me thought, I would just go for the keyboard less version. It's thinner and I wont need to carry the keyboard with me 100% of the time when only need it 10% of the time. Otherwise, its great. I have the incase now, I think its too bulky and not classy at all. I really liked to use my iPad naked. The zaggmate is the closest thing out there that suits my needs.