Zalman NC1000/NC2000 pics?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RichL, Apr 22, 2008.

1. RichL macrumors 6502

I got back into WoW this past week, after a year or so off, and have been looking for a laptop cooler. I know you can turn up the fan speed blah blah but I want an external one. Now, I came across the Zalman NC1000 and NC2000 and I'm pretty set on getting the NC1000. The only problem is that the MBP is a little wider than the NC1000. What I'm looking for are some pictures of MBP users with a NC1000 or NC2000 (the bigger one made for 17in laptoops) so I can see them for myself and compare.

Any takers?

-Rich L.

2. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I can't take a photo for you, as my only camera here is my MBP 17" webcam! But I assure you that it works nicely, and the overlay on the sides is no big deal. It's not wobbly, and doesn't slip around. You really only see the bottom edge of the cooler, just like with the smaller MBP. The difference between the models is in the width, not the depth. Sorry for no photo!

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The NC1000 is a little snug for a 15" MBP. It is a perfect fit for an Air.

Unless, that is, you like your notebook overhanging your cooler at the sides.

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

The NC2000 is 16" wide, vs the 17" of the MBP. The overhang thusly being .5" on the sides, which is no biggie, imo. It also has room for 2 additional fans, if noise isn't an issue.