Zapd (Small 'website' creation on iPhone/iPod Touch)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by JonHimself, Mar 31, 2011.

1. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I was reading about this app a few days ago and perhaps due to my poor reading comprehension didn't quite understand it.
    Turns out that if you wanted to create your own tumblr-esque website (or even a blog), you could use this app to regularly maintain, update, etc your website from your phone.
    It's limited to adding text posts, links and photos (library or taken at the time) but you basically create a title, select a theme and then add posts. It gives you a URL that hosts the 'website'. You can go back to the app at any point, add new posts and publish them to the website.
    Very limited in terms of customization, but if you wanted to set-up a quick site for a content stream, might be worth checking out.. also, it's free.
    Has anyone else used this?

2. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

I just downloaded it today to try it out. It seems nice but I was hoping to use it to start a iPhone Picture of the Day site. The only problem it is wants me to crop my images which I find a little annoying.

Its a nice start but it needs some work.

3. JonHimself thread starter macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Yeah I noticed that as well. Kind of frustrating but seems like something they could change?
    I also wouldn't mind having the ability to add video though I suppose considering it's free hosting they would either have to limit the length/amount of videos you can use or really compress.
    Seems like, at least for the time being, it's a basic limited-use utility. I would love to see iWeb get added as an iOS app. Maybe with the MobileMe update they'll focus more on creating web content on-the-go from the iPhone/iPad.