zboost vs. spotwave.. what do you prefer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, May 6, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I am trying to decide between the two of these repeaters.. I have a weird thing going on in my house where i get NO SIGNAL but i get 3 solid bars across the street.. I do occasionally get 1 bar in the house, but i cant do much with that one bar..

So here are the two i found to be the best in my price range:
    Wi-Ex zBoost YX510-PCS
    Spotwave Zen

the thing with the spotwave zen is that it is sold at bestbuy which means that i KNOW i can get my money back if it doesnt work. I can just shove it back in the box and bring it to the store. I also read in some places it gave more coverage when moving away from the base.

the zboost also has some good reviews (i dont always trust cnet reviewers though) and it seems that it is of good quality.. the only thing bad about it is it says there are lots of installation requirements..

So has anyone used them before?? or can you tell me by looking at the spec. if one is better than the other for ATT?

i am also going to call ATT and see if they suggest one. It was suggested to call a carrier in an article i read.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

wow, i dont get what is going on. I did the link the way i always do them and they STILL are not working. i will have to figure it out. In the meantime, if you go to cnet.com and type in the product name si listed in the search tool, you will see them..

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cool.
    Do you have a link on the bestbuys site? How much those things usually go for?

5. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

they are around $300.. not cheap, but worth it since i paid nothing for my iphone AND i am saving money on my monthly bill from switching from verizon..

the links thing seems to notbe working, but cnet links you directly to the bestbuy site. if you find it on cnet, you can go righ tto the best buy

6. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

7. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

8. Shilling macrumors newbie

I would go with zBoost...but thats because I have one and it works great. I bought mine a few months ago and liked it but last week i felt completely validated because the New York Times wrote about them. I couldn't find the article through NYT's site but zboost's site has them posted. Apparently they were mentioned twice recently. I know some stranger in a forum isn't very credible so here is the link so you read for yourself:

http://www.wi-ex.com/Page3591.aspx

9. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

thanks shilling.. actrually, a stranger in a forum was just what i was looking for. I dont always trust all review sites, id rather trust joe shmo who actually has one and is using it.. OR someone on here who is non-bias and can look at the specs and tell me about it..

thanks

10. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng