Zelda BOTW and Amiibo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by KevinRightWing, Jun 23, 2017.

1. KevinRightWing macrumors regular

I have a Switch now and am getting ready to start playing Breath of the Wild.

i understand there are certain advantages of having an Amiibo but I have never bought one. Which amiibo would I want to buy for a play through of Breath of the Wild, or does it even matter which one you pick?

2. JohnGrey macrumors 6502

JohnGrey

You don't really need any of them, as they're mostly exclusive gear or ingredients in the case of the BOTW series. None will give you a particular edge.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I find the Smash Bros Zelda-series ones are pretty useful. I use them every day I play it for 'free' food and items. What's especially awesome is the Twilight Bow you can get using a Zelda amiibo (I think any will suffice). Wolf Link isn't useful either because it will attack any nearby animal as well as the enemies. The non-Zelda ones don't do much, you get a random assortment of food items in a chest.

If you can get them for RRP or less, then consider they also work in a few other games and they're pretty neat as far as figures go. I definitely wouldn't spend more than RRP.

4. ILUVAPPLE69 macrumors member

ILUVAPPLE69

I can't wait till I get the Wolf Link amiibo. It seems nice to have a wolf by your side helping against enemies.

5. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider