Zelda: Spirit Tracks!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JackAxe, Dec 3, 2009.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

My plate is full with other games and work, but I'm really looking forward to this one. I just hope it's HARD and not a push over like Phantom Hour glass.

Anyways, it comes out on the 7th, so I'm going to at least pick it up so I can play it later.

I wonder if others will get it, as many were unhappy with the first Zelda DS. Jimmi. :p

I'm still miffed that I never got my tiny plastic feather stylus for Z:pH, so maybe they'll offer one for this game.

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm a bit let down that this is the new route they're taking with handheld Zelda titles. What a let down from the GBA series (even though one of them was a port, but what a port!).
    I'll be skipping over this one with crossed fingers that they release a traditional Zelda on DSiWare.

4. capoeirista macrumors 6502

I really enjoyed PH, so I'm looking forward to this one too. As mentioned above, it really wasn't that difficult, but for me this made it the perfect game for one of my (many) trips on the train. Easy to play for 30mins-1hr with a real sense of progression. But repeating the same dungeon multiple times sucked. I hear that's back again this time :(

As for the feather stylus, I read on Dtoid that they were going to give them away again. That was a while ago though...

@raggedjimmi was there a GBA series? I can only think of the remakes and Minish Cap. Are you thinking of the games on the GB/GBC? I still think that Link's awakening is the game with the most frnd memories for me.

5. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I guess I'm not 'teh h4rdc0r3' enough in terms of my console-ish games, as I very much enjoyed Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass, though they were much more casual experiences than LttP on GBA. Never played the 'collection' disk we got when we bought the kids the GC, so not much experience with the older ones.

Definitely getting this.

6. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Despite having a GIANT backlog of DS games I want to finish, I will pick this up. And no doubt beat it before I play the others. Absolutely loved PH.

I actually really, really liked the multiplayer in PH, but almost every time I played someone they would leave really, really early into it. I had to purposely play not that well on it so people wouldn't leave, it got annoying. Though when I found someone better than me or the same skill level we would play for a looong time.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well by series I mean Minish Cap, Four Swords and LttP port (even though 2 of those were on 1 cart). All 3 were brilliant and retained the Zelda charm, difficulty, level structure etc.
    I still haven't beaten either Oracle games. I was half way into one of them but work and stuff got hectic so I just stopped playing, but IMO the GB-GBC series was the best so far. Mindblowing games and not a hint of the casual flavour they're trying to inject into the series.

8. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I want the next Zelda on the DS to go back to an earlier play style, but I don't mind this direction at all. It's a good mix up in the series.

I had a blast with PH so I'm looking forward to that kind of experience again. Even though it was a casual-ized, it was still Zelda through and through.

Anyways, maybe you'll come around some day Raggedjimmi :p

I was looking for the stylus, and found this. It doesn't seem to be available outside of the UK though.

9. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I'm picking up my copy later today and putting it in a drawer until the weekend. I have finals to study for and projects to finish. Don't need a game to get in the way.

10. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

My pre-order is in, but I have yet to pick it up. O_O I've been working super late, so I have an excuse.

I'm not going to start on it until after Dragon Age and definitely not until I complete a project due early next week.

11. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Anybody got it and played it?

Whats the verdict?

I wont be able to afford it till after xmas....

12. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I'm liking it so far even if it does seem to be moving along pretty quick.

Only thing I have a gripe with is the Lokomo music portions. I have no rhythm or musical talent and it sure shows at these parts. Takes a good 15 minutes to pass them for me.

13. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe