Zen Viewer - A Remarkable File Viewer + Reader for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by TheSkinsFactory, Mar 4, 2011.

1. TheSkinsFactory macrumors member

Hi Everyone. I wanted to introduce our new app for iPad - Zen Viewer. It was designed by The Skins Factory & developed by Hachisoft.

Zen Viewer is an intuitive iPad file reader & viewer, that unifies your favorite content in one place - read documents, PDFs, books, user manuals, comic books, listen to pre-recorded audio & music files, record & save audio with the built-in recorder, watch video and view photos & images, while utilizing an intuitive folder system.

Zen Viewer also enables you to store, organize, rename, compress and password protect your files & folders. One of the features we built in were custom themes.

Apple has featured Zen Viewer in the New & Noteworthy Productivity Category

The best way to read about all the features and see a ton of images, is to check out the website: www.ZenViewer.com

Images of Zen Viewer:

ZenViewer_iPad_01.png ZenViewer_iPad_02.png

ZenViewer_iPad_03.png ZenViewer_iPad_04.png

ZenViewer_iPad_05.png

Zen Viewer Supports the Following File Formats:

Document Files: PDF • EPUB • RTF • TXT • CVS • DOC • DOCX • XLS • XLSX • PPT • PPTX • PAGES • NUMBERS • KEYNOTE • VCF • HTM • HTML • XML • CBR • CBZ

Image File Formats:
    JPEG • GIF • BMP • PNG • TIF • CR2 • NEF • ICO • CUR • XBM

Audio Files Formats: M4A • MP3 • WAV • AIFF • AAC • CAF

Video Files Formats: MOV • MP4 • M4V • M-JPG

Special Features:

✓ Enhanced File Searching. Search your library and files with numerous preset filters. Choose presets by genre (documents, favorites, etc.) or by specific file extensions (PDF, PNG, etc.).

✓ Deter access to individual files and folders by setting a password. Zen Viewer does not encrypt files or folders. Securing a file or folder deters others from quickly accessing sensitive files. It does not ensure your files are safe.

✓ Compress & decompress your files and folders to email or reduce file storage size.

✓ Transfer files to Zen Viewer using WI-FI, transfer through iTunes, direct URL download, web servers (MobileMe iDisk, Dropbox & more) or Import your iPad photo albums and photos - we've even included a slideshow mode for your images.

✓ Built-in Audio Recorder so you can record your classes, meetings or a million other things.

✓ Gorgeous, professionally designed themes to change the look and feel of Zen Viewer. We'll be developing new free and premium themes.

✓ Special Favorites Section on top so you can access your most important content quickly or make Zen Viewer's Library and File section expand to the top.

✓ Resize the Library and File sections with a movable divider to create more space when you need it the most.

You can find Zen Viewer on the App Store: Here

We’re committed to the success of Zen Viewer and will continue to fine-tune and add functionality to our app based on your feedback.

Best Regards,

Jeff Schader
    The Skins Factory

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

3. TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

4. TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

On Sale for a short time only.

Zen Viewer is on sale for only 1.99 in the App Store. Now's your chance to try out a reader/file viewer that is unlike the others in the store.

Let me know what you think.

Jeff

5. foiden macrumors 6502a

I'll have to admit, the presentation looks top notch. Thanks for the announcement.

6. TheSkinsFactory, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. We've had some practice :) http://www.theskinsfactory.com

7. TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

On Sale for .99 USD

We've decided to really blow out the price for a little while to $.99 USD. So now's your chance to try one of the best file viewers, readers and organizers on the store.

8. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

9. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

It's back up to $2.99. Any reviews out there? Is it worth switching from GoodReader?

10. w00tini macrumors 6502a

11. TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

An Update

We have a new update to Zen Viewer that's "In Review" at Apple that brings in AirPlay and full Open In functionality. Just waiting for it to be approved.

Next we're working on more intense Dropbox integration and annotation functionality.

12. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Hmmm you're starting to tempt me - had to pry me away from GoodRe..... what are the killer features to get me onboard, I'll purchase any app if I feel it's worth it.

13. TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

The Killer Features

Best way is to read the description here

And then add in "Open In" and "AirPlay" as soon as Apple approves our update. We'll be working on annotation abilities and more intensive Dropbox features than we have now.

14. TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

15. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

You say you support JPG...

What I'd like is to be able to drop (preferably) a folder of jpgs..or baring that, a bunch of jpgs, into the itunes file sharing window, and then take my iPad, and be able to go thru those, delete as I want.

Mainly, the problem I have with the native photo is the "set a folder to synch with" and it's whole weird processing thing it does when adding. I want to be able to flip thru pictures, delete as will and then go.

Can Zen do this?

16. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Excellent! Regarding the iPhone version, do you plan on a separate app or universal - obviously universal is more likely to tempt users away from competing products.

Going to check out your app later :)

17. TheSkinsFactory, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011

TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

Completely separate. The UI will be different for the iPhone version. You can't just shrink down 2 columns and call it a day. You have to reinvent the interaction. Which we have.

@VideoBeagle: You can drop folders via Wi-Fi not through iTunes. When you connect through Wi-Fi it's like Zen Viewer becomes a portable hard drive. You can make folders in Zen from your computer or drag entire folders.

And when you're viewing, there's a trash can on the toolbar. So you can delete as you go.

One thing about 'Open In'. It seems when we were compiling Zen Viewer for the latest build, Xcode crashed and took with it the plist. So right now you can only export files to other apps from Zen Viewer not import. But we're fixing that today and sending a new update to Apple by end of day.

18. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

hmm.. be worth looking into!
    Y'all planning any more sales soon?:D

19. TheSkinsFactory thread starter macrumors member

Well we've dropped the price from 4.99 > 2.99 a couple of days ago. Not going any lower than that.

I'm testing a fix we're about to upload to Apple in regards to Open In and how we can export to other apps but the Open In part that imports to Zen Viewer ended up being broken due to an Xcode crash when I noticed something...

If you view a PDF in Zen Viewer in portrait and then change the orientation to landscape, we resize the pdf to "fill in". GoodReader keeps the document at the original size in landscape so you'd have to tap it and zoom in to read it.

20. terrymaz macrumors regular

COOL, now i will get it. I was thinkng something like that would happen in this thread. Thanks for the deal.

21. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Was grabbing it anyway but thanks! Going to have a play with it :)

22. w00tini macrumors 6502a

I'm quite interested.

Anyone have experience with large PDF files? I regularly use a 600 page, 65 meg PDF and want to know if this app can scroll pages as fluidly as Goodreader and Readdledocs

23. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Left you guys a 5-star appstore review, I also purchased the Darth Earth theme which is very nice indeed.

How do I get an email attachment into Zen Viewer - is this the "Open In" that you are awaiting on Apple for?

Please keep up the good work and continue to add great features.