Zephyr 1.1 update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mac.World, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Kinda digging the new update to Zephyr. Reminds me of my Touchpad in swiping up to get rid of the app you are currently in. Sure activator can do the exact same stuff, but this is more Apple like in its approach and smoothness, plus it also has a WebOS feel to it. I have both activator and Zephyr going simultaneously for different things, but Zephyr is my go to tweak for closing apps and getting to the mutlitasking and itunes player dock.

2. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

I love it thanks for letting me know it was out

3. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

I just bought it and works great for the most part. One issue I've had happen thrice now is that swiping up to close to springboard enables the switcher and glitches out.

It also won't work at all in messages if I leave it there for a second. I've tried disabling the "Disable on Keyboard" option.

4. Alveezy macrumors regular

Chpwn should have implemented the swipe up to close app and switcher with a double-finger gesture. how do you access the switcher now? when you have that action on.

5. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

You have to slide up, wait and hold for 1 second and then the multitask bar will show up. I'm still not sure if I'm happy with this implementation, but closing apps this way is so smooth! If only he also had a gesture to really close the app, instead of only minimizing it.

6. Alveezy macrumors regular

It doesn't take a second to bring it up. It takes a precise way of sliding it. Now that takes longer than how activator used to do it from slide in bottom. Maybe they'll implement 2-finger swipe option for it on the next update<<<that would be better and more easier.

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i have and use switcher mod. my only wish is that zephyr worked with only the apps showing in the tray. for example, if i close out of all my safari pages, it will not show in my multi task tray. since its not there, i don't want zephyr to go to it if i slide to the right after opening a new app.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I was just trying the new feature out and it made my 4S go into safe mode.. I swiped up to close the app and up again quickly to open the multitasking tray and it went into safe mode.

9. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

You only have to precise enough to pull it up like you're closing it. At any time you still have the app suspended (like about to close it) just don't let go of it and wait a second, and the switcher will show up. And have you played around in the settings options to see if you can get 2-finger swipes to work like you want?

10. Alveezy macrumors regular

I just want to have a separate option for closing the app instead of putting it together with the switcher. or just making it one gesture like 2 finger swipe up to close the app. i tried setting that in activator as my home button but it glitches, like the switcher gets stuck with the weird cut off. when i try to minimize it, well it stays like that i still i re-spring or reboot. i believe activator is still broken in the gestures area for iOS 5.

11. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm not feeling it can't even get to the switcher now, swiping up in the slightest is just taking me to the home screen UGH

12. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

I found Zephyr very nice to multitask but then I tried multifl0w and it's much easier (Zephyr takes a very precise swipe). I have it set to a short hold on the home button, bam, all my open windows come up (instead of the app icon), it's like Exposé. Then I can just 'x' out of the app I want.

If I want to bring up the regular multitasking bar, I can go with Zephyr's gestures or simply a double tap on the home button like always and there you go.

13. Mac.World thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Well, I personally am loving the update to Zephyr, but this is probably because I enjoy how WebOS uses the same swipe gestures. I also don't have superswitcher or any other type of switcher installed.

All I know is, I don't use my home or power buttons any more.

14. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

Bug?

When I keep swiping towards right to go to next app, in the end I see this complete dark screen app and then i just have to somehow get to home screen.

Is this happening to anyone?

15. sbddude macrumors 6502a

swipe up and hold

16. hidefguy macrumors 6502

I hate this also, even after respring/reboot no apps in switcher, open a app and swiping to the right will keep opening previously used apps. Other than that I'm enjoying this tweak.

Ps I would also like to have the ability to close apps with a 2 finger swipe.

17. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Didn't know about that-- thanks for the tip.

If you're willing to install another tweak called Multicleaner then you can easily assign a swipe gesture for quitting apps.

18. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

doest this afect ur battery guys bs mine i think yes and i really like this tweak dam

19. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

emailed Chpwn about tying some kind of gesture to kill an app, here
    is his response:

"Zephyr will never support the useless and backwards idea of killing apps. Killing apps simply requires more CPU time to reload the apps, and hurts battery life. iOS will manage applications for you and clear them if their resources are needed automatically."

Guess he doesn't want to incorporate it. Too bad cause I like Zephr but I
    also like to close my unused apps every once in a while!

20. ah123 macrumors regular

I have this problem, too - quite annoying to have it working on (almost) all other apps then having to use the double-click-home button when moving away from Messages (even more annoying when you were swiping on a game but accidentally brought back the Messages app.