iPhone Zephyr replacement: "MultitaskingGestures"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wildonrio, Jan 27, 2014.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Looks like a blatant replacement to Zephyr. Swipe up to close apps, swipe left and right to switch between apps. Moves control center to a tab in NC. No options to configure.

Anyone tried it? $1.50.

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Saw the video for this, looks nice but haven't tried it yet. Thought I'd wait for a few to see if any problems arise.

3. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

4. bLaZ3n macrumors regular

Looks cool.. don't like the Control Center being added to the Notification Center.. the slide from the bottom should of been the same as in Zephyr. Slide from the bottom to close the app, slide and hold to pop up the CC.

5. ilovewasabi macrumors member

Mostly working on my 5s. Only problem is that control center isnt in the NC, so I can only access it in the lockscreen and homescreen

6. Mihindu macrumors newbie

Do you have NCAllOnly or something like that on? I heard that CC is located in the Missed Tab so you need to have that not hidden.

7. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

Same here. I actually like this better though. If I need CC while in an app, I just have to slide up twice.

8. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I was really looking forward to Zephyr on my 5S but then I realized that VirtualHome (Or Activator) is even better. You don't have to actually press the home button and control center stays where it is.

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Perfectly? Not really. It has no settings you can configure at all. I want to use the swipe up gesture but not the swipe from sides because that way the swipe back gesture doesn't work.

10. boobie12 macrumors 6502

swipe back does you'll just have to hold that side of the screen for lie a second

11. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

True, options are missing but hopefully forthcoming. I think I was referring more to the smoothness of the included features.

12. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

There was an update today. Check and see what options are available

13. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Yup. Virtualhome is my favorite tweak of this cycle, easily.

14. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Did not like this tweak for two reasons
    1) animation is too slow after sliding up (even with animations sped up on Springtomize), and glitchy sometimes
    2) no option to turn off horizontal app-to-app slide. messes with swipeback smoothness.

15. hidefguy macrumors 6502

1) Just purchased this tweak and the animation is slow. especially when comparing it to the animation of Control Center or Notification Center.
    2) v.3 has an option to turn off the "switch app gesture".

16. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I like that second part. Hopefully the first gets addressed

It's so strange chpwn just abandoned ship. I'm sure he has an ios 7 version of zephyr for his own personal enjoyment

17. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know why people are saying the animation is slow. To me it functions as smoothly as zephyr did. And now that options are added it is getting close or being as good as zephyr was.

18. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

^ I agree. I have no complaint at all after his quick update. The Dev has been very fast to update everything.

19. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Dev. of Zephyr is too lazy to update for iOS 7, Someone else did and is making the money, good for them.

20. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I do like that new version allows you to disable or selectively disable app switching. I can live with the speed I just hope they allow it to be sped up more.

For 1.50 it's a steal. Zephyr was 4.99

The only glitch I've seen is keypad screen on phone app slide up

21. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I recommend using NCObey together with MultitaskingGestures. It allows you to open a specific tab of the NC depending on where you swipe down from the top.

22. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Does any of you guys get sometimes a glitch when sliding up?

23. hidefguy macrumors 6502

For a while mine was closing like one of the kitchen drawers that you can't slam shut you close the drawer and when it gets to the end it slows down and closes automatically. Anyways I don't know if it's been the updates but it seems to be a lot faster now.

btw I compared with Zephyr on my iPad (still on 6.02) and their about the same speed when closing.

24. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Can I swipe up at the home screen to bring up my multi-tasking tray like Zephyr could?

25. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

not as far as i'm aware of (not sure if developer has plans to implement that or not)