Zeppelin Air Aiplay

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jonthebon, Mar 15, 2011.

1. jonthebon macrumors newbie

jonthebon

I just bought a Zeppelin Air and love it - but I can't get Airplay set up. I've followed all the instructions exactly, but now I need to go into iTunes and enable "Look for remote speakers connected with Airplay" and I can't find it. I attached a picture where the tick box should be...

I'm running iTunes 10.2.1 on Snow Leopard 10.6.6

Could anyone suggest a reason why it isn't there? I'm pretty stumped. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Stoutman11 macrumors member

hi did you ever get this figured out? i am looking to get this device soon myself. Thanks

3. jonthebon thread starter macrumors newbie

jonthebon

Sorted now

Yup, it kinda sorted itself out. I think now by default that preferece is enabled in iTunes 10.2 which explains the lack of button. The AirPlay button just appears when the computer or iPhone detects the speakers (even while they're off, which is great!) and you can just play through them. I think it didn't work initially due to my relatively weak Internet in the area.

Highly recommend the speakers, by the way, fantastic sound quality.
    Thanks

4. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

Is it bluetooth Technology that connects the speaker to the computer?

5. jonthebon thread starter macrumors newbie

jonthebon

Connects via wifi

Nope, it connects to your wifi - you set it up by connecting directly to it via your mac. That's all explained in the instructions

6. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

Sounds nice. I am currently using the Bose SoundDock 10, But i hear the Zeppelin is better.