Zeppelin causing app crashes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theriddler, Feb 29, 2012.

1. theriddler macrumors member

I installed Zeppelin when the first version was released and the carrier logos never worked for my unsupported carrier. Two days ago, I upgraded it to 1.0 via Cydia and my custom carrier logos started working!

Facebook is stuck in the login screen but I'm still receiving notifications for it, and in Tweetbot I can load tweets but can't compose. Dropbox works when I reinstalled Zeppelin 1.0.

I read here that previous versions cause app crashes.

Another possible issue: I have Siriport working now. I'm not sure whether it was because I now have a fast connection, or my [uninterrupted download] reinstall of it.

2. theriddler thread starter macrumors member

Going into Safe Mode, my apps work just fine.

Some more issues:

After disabling Zeppelin, the Notification Center still shows my custom logo.

My carrier has two names: CARRIERNAME3G and carriername2g. When there's no 3G in range, the carrier name changes to the 2g one and my custom logos disappear.

3. theriddler thread starter macrumors member

One month on, there's still no solution. Most 3rd party apps don't work. Now my Notification Center doesn't work.

Is it worthwhile to jailbreak 5.1 tethered? My phone's functionality is pretty much like a tethered jailbreak now. I'm on Safe Mode most of the time, only restarting SpringBoard to view my custom lockscreen/or when I don't need to run stock apps.

4. SpaceCaseSixtyTen macrumors newbie

I don't understand why you would bother with such a pointless tweak, where it would cause you to lose your jailbreak just because you wanted a little cosmetic change with a different carrier name/logo?

5. theriddler thread starter macrumors member

I use Zeppelin because I can't change my carrier logo by editing the carrier folder in iFile as my carrier is unsupported.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Do the problems go away when you uninstall Zeppelin and not just disable it?