Zero Punctuation loves Orange Box

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

<3 Portal
    <3 Zero Punctuation

However, while the ending delighted me, I didn't find this review nearly as funny as the Tabula Rasa one that preceded it.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Orange Box looks like a great game package but I'm waiting to see which version the XB360 or PS3 is better what version do people have which ones have they played which one is better

:p

4. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

"Manchester United 0" :D

As soon as I get my weekly dosh, it's off to Game or GameStation (they're slap-bang next to each other in Cambs :p) for my Box De Orange :cool:

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Hah, yea the football results bit was gold :D ZP is gold :D

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well PC version cuz it's totally awesome and mouse+kb = win ;) But i'm willing to be 100$ that the 360 version will be better than the 360 version. A) EA can't do a good job on the PS3, yet anyway B) Valve themselves did the 360 version and since the 360 is more like a traditional PC it will probably be more like the awesome PC version and finally C) Gabe "I need another doughnut" Newell hates the PS3 and probably doesn't wanna have to do another port when Ep 3 comes out.

7. shecky Guest

shecky

i have to agree that portal is VERY very good. i was not really into it as i was not "thinking with portals" for most of the game but then i watched a few walk-throughs on youtube and it clicked. its tremendously entertaining and the voice-over and the ending is excellent. my overal favorite are the gun turrets - absolutely hilarious their adorable little comments as they try and blow your face off.

8. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Really good review but was I the only one who thought that he was speaking a bit fast.

9. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I take it you've never seen a Yahtzee review, because that's his style - making quips, amusing animations, pointing out flaws most people ignore or don't think about, all while doing it insanely fast :D

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I almost **** myself. I can't believe I have never watched this guy before. His Halo 3 review is damn perfect... absolutely perfect.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Chck out Tabula Rasa and Heavely Sword. Hillarious (and on the money)

12. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

These two are also my favorites on the Zero Punctuation site, but the Darkness and Fable reviews http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/reviews were great too.

13. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

How was ep2, in comparison to ep1? Is it significantly longer, or is it "11" hours like 2 is "7 hours"? (Re: actually about 4 hours).

14. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I take my time in these games. IIRC (it was on launch week) HL2 took me ~18-20 hours. Ep1 was ~6 hours and Ep2 was ~9 hours.

15. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Well, there's not really any replay value in HL2 beyond multi and online multiplayer. All of those come with the original purchase, so none of the episodic content is "necessary" for anything other that it's flat entertainment value. Episodic content just seems to me like a way of releasing a line of incomplete products for a larger total sum of money. And "9 hours" of entertainment isn't really worth it when I complete games at a ridiculously fast rate.

Maybe I'm just starting to show my age :p

I bought Mega Man X collection for 10 bucks two weeks ago. Now there's replay value.

16. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno about that, I love playing through on harder difficulties or just because I've got a new graphics card and throw the effects up a few levels.

17. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

His best line ever from the Super Paper Mario review

Paper Mario on the Gamecube was "a sparking diamond in a dark depressing sea of vomit. It was imaginative, charming and witty enough to totally bypass my usual male instinct to steer clear of brightly colored cartoony graphics for fear of catching "the gay"

lol the little animation was a tv was a rainbow flying out of it turning his controller pink :p

18. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I still need to pick up Super Paper Mario!

And Resident Evil Wii.

19. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'd like to note that I pointed ZP out way back with his Heavenly Sword review and got minimal response.

He does rock.