iPad Pro Zero wobble on iPP 9.7 had me flummoxed...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by littelsquidge, Apr 7, 2016.

1. littelsquidge macrumors member

So I took the plunge and went for the iPad Pro 9.7 (silver, WIFI, 128gb). Needless to say, it's everything and more. Very happy customer.

My main reservation pre-purchase was the possibility of wobble on a flat surface using the Pencil or typing. I don't use a case while at home.

There is zero wobble. I was curious how Apple did this. On very close inspection, it looks like the long sides of the iPad case are almost imperceptibly curved. If you look down the champhered edge of the short sides with one eye closed, it's straight as a die. But the long sides look ever so slightly curved. I'd try to get a photo, but I'm not convinced it'll show.

Am I imagining this, or can anyone else see it?

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

It's a hidden joke from Apple as a response to all the YouTube videos.

Their new products are pre-bent.

3. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

It's just physics. Surface area verses minimal thickness increase. Think of it this way..if you put a penny under one corner of your house, that isn't going to make your house wobble.

4. Leo90 macrumors 6502

5. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

I'm sure Apple could have sold wobbling as a feature if they wanted to. Then samsung's next phone and tablet would both wobble, but the wobble wouldn't be as nice as the wobble on the iPad

6. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

Jony, is that you?

Just having fun... as I read your post, I had the voice of Sir Jony Ive reading that to me...