Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I do a ton of Facetime calls and watch a lot of video on my phone so I really wanted a case with a kickstand. I'm shocked that nobody has really mentioned the ZeroChroma Teatro case here. I've been using mine for a few weeks so far and have really come to love it. I did a good amount of research into cases with built-in stands and this seemed to be the best of the bunch. I tried the Speck CandyShell View first because I love Speck, but I could not believe how bulky it was and there was just no way I was going to carry that thing around. It was almost impossible to get it off too, so I returned it and got the Teatro instead.

The Teatro is nice and thin and the kickstand is awsome! It's totally adjustable (portait and landscape and pretty much any angle you could possibly want), and the case actually provides a decent amount of protection. It's got some really subtle "finger dimples" on the sides of the phone to help with grip and it also has a circular dimple in the back where your pointer finger goes when you're holding the phone to your ear. It doesn't protect the top or the bottom the phone though, and that's really the only thing I don't like about it. I guess you could put some type of skin on the top and bottom to protect the phone from scratches but i haven't done that yet.

I haven't taken any pictures of my phone with the case on it but you can see what the case looks like at http://zerochroma.com/. It's a little pricey but you can use code 90999 to get 15% off. If you're looking for a case with a kickstand, this is probably the best one out there.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I wanted to add that I DO NOT work for Zerochroma even though my post totally reads like an advertisement:eek:! I know a lot of people post stuff like this to promote their own product, website, etc., but I really only posted it because I've barely seen this case mentioned and it's actually a really nice case.

If you're looking for something cheaper but similar, try this:

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Holste...09LM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1309270760&sr=8-4

It's not nearly as versatile as far as the stand goes (yes, it does portait and landscape but only one viewing angle for each), but it comes with a really nice holster if you're into that sort of thing (I'm not). The case is nice and thin though and has a really nice texture to it. Nice, cheap alternative if you don't want to drop the $40 or so on the Teatro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.