Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Ziff-Davis R.I.P.

This is sad. I subscribed to MacUser for many years until it folded into MacWorld, for which I still have a subscription. I also subscribed to MacWEEK until it changed its name. Whether Mac- or PC-oriented, Ziff-Davis's magazines had the highest quality content of any family of popular computer-oriented publications. Ziff-Davis will be missed.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
They're not going away.

Ziff Davis expects operations to continue as usual during the reorganization process and expects to emerge from Chapter 11 this summer.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
I used to subscribe to Computer Gaming World (now known as Games for Windows), while ZD owned them. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I read their last mag, I believe they moved away from ZD a while back.

Mr. Bubbles

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2007
I used to subscribe to Computer Gaming World (now known as Games for Windows), while ZD owned them. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I read their last mag, I believe they moved away from ZD a while back.

Actually, it's the same magizine, they just changed their name. Theey're still owned by ZD. It would be a huge loss if ZD went south.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.