- Apr 12, 2001
There's been an influx of SSH clients coming out for the iPhone, but the one many have been waiting for has just arrived. Zingersoft's iSSH [$4.99, App Store] client was released to the App Store last night.
iSSH is a VT100, VT102, VT220, ANSI, xterm, and xterm-color terminal emulator over SSH and provides the following features:
- Portrait and landscape mode
- 60x24 in portait mode, 80x24 in landscape mode
- Scroll-back buffer (by swiping in right 1/3rd of screen)
- Arrow keys (by swiping in left 2/3rd of screen).
- Ctrl, tab, shift, and Fn keys, all in combination.
- Store any number of connections and configurations
- Command execution on connection
- Can dismiss keyboard by tapping keyboard icon
- Via EDGE, WiFi or 3G
Due to the influx of SSH apps, the developer reports he temporarily cut some features to deliver this build earlier.
The developer promises that the 1.1 build was submitted last night and should include the following features:I created a build I considered stable, not feature-packed. That means no X Server or multiple connections. Neither are quite ready yet. Just the same, what Apple had submitted to them has exactly what you have seen in the screenshots. Landscape and portrait, a keyboard that's removable in landscape mode; scrollback via swiping; arrow keys via swipping; crtl, Fn, tab and shift (and combinations there-in) as well as a command on connection.
- Key generation storage and exchange
- Additional keys in landscape mode, specifically "ESC" and "|"
- Multiple concurrent connections
- Active connection list
- Option to store password and server port
- Misc bug fixes
Unlike the other SSH clients, iSSH is also available internationally. iSSH is available in the App Store.