Zinio - Changing Paper Magazines to Digital

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by BobbieM629, Apr 6, 2011.

1. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I seen a thread a while back from someone that had the magazine company change his snail mail subscription to a digital subscription. I am wondering how to go about that? I actually get 3-4 magazines that I would like switched (since the format is available). Do you just contact the 800 number for sales on the magazine or Zinio or is there something else?

(Sorry if this sounds unintelligent, but I've googled and only come up with places to BUY magazines, which isn't what I want).

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I actually called and or emailed the magazine. Once I saw they were in the zinio store. One magazine would not do it. They wouldn't give me a reason they just said they couldn't do it at this time. I looked again a little later when my subscription was up and they are no longer in the zinio store. So that is why I figured they wouldn't do it. But the others had no problem doing it. I really like the zinio app. I use it on my computers, iPhone and iPad.

3. BobbieM629 thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect! I'll email them today. The ones I'd like converted are in the Zinio store as of now, so hopefully they will allow it.

4. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I'm interested in this as well, please let me know if it works for you.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I did this with Sound and Vision about a year ago. Also my subscription ran out and S&V offered a lower price for the print than through Zinio (obtuse but common). I email S&V saying I would not pay "more for less" and S&V renewed my Zinio subscription at the lower price.

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I'd like to do this too for a couple of my print subscriptions....but a little confused. I went to the Zinio FAQ and they say to contact the magazine but tell them nothing about going digital, but to have them check your account and give them the same email you use on your Zinio account and to have them send the issue there. So my question is if they send me a digital copy to my email inbox, how does Zinio know about it and how do I get it into the reader?

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have done it for the following magazines:

Photoshop User
    Layers (Now merged with Photoshop User)
    Men's Health
    Home and Garden

8. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Good question. Don't know how that will work. I flat out told the Magazine subscription service that I am now using Zinio and none of them (with the exception of one) wouldn't let me convert over.