Zinio ?'s

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by S1njin, Sep 26, 2011.

1. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Hey Gang,

Some questions for you guys:

A. Anybody using Zinio? Seems like a great app, but I don't want to cough up subscription money if there are known problems/crashes/etc.

B. Is there a advantage for buying a dedicated app (Business Week for example)., vs. getting it over Zinio?

The chick from Chuck looks real good on my iPad. I think I need to get me some Maxim. :p

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

A. I've used it for a while...the earlier versions crashed once in a while...the latest version hasn't crashed on me yet.

B. Strictly a matter of cost and does the dedicated app offer special features the Zinio copy wouldn't. I like Zinio because all my magazines are in one app location, not spread out all over - except Wired, I use the dedicated Wired app because it has animations and things in it.

3. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Thank you for the feedback.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I will second this. I am running several subscriptions through them. No issue what so ever. They also have a desk app so if you are on a laptop etc you can download the magazines on multiple devices, which is nice.

The prices for the subscriptions are about the same of what you will pay for, for the printed edition. However with one of my subscriptions I called up the publisher and asked for the better price via a two year agreement and the agreed to it, they even contacted zinio for me.

No complaints really for me regarding the service or apps.

5. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Predictably my first purchase through Zinio didn't go thru; gave me a error message stating email Zinio support w/ a itunes reference/transaction number. I guess I jinxed myself - waiting to see how long it takes for them to get back to me and what the resolution is.:mad:

6. jeanniey macrumors newbie

I'm the Zinio CMO

hey all - sorry it took me a few day to post- i just got an alert today about this string.

if you are having issues with zinio please email me jmullen@zinio.com and i will make sure you get some supprot right away.

thanks!

7. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I like Zinio, I've been using it for more than a year.

I don't know how they get their subscription prices - some of them are half the cost of a printed subscription, some seem to be double (that's often for magazines that usually have CD/DVDs too - so you're getting an even worse deal).

The app is a bit clunky but it works well enough.

I've used it to subscribe to a couple of cheap magazines. Not a bad option if you're bored and need something to read.

(I wish Amazon would get their magazine subscriptions working on the Kindle app!!)

8. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

FWIW, customer service made it right for me. Took awhile though as I think they are having some sort of integration issues w/ purchasing through iTunes. My advice to anybody who would think of using this is to purchase your subscription through Zinio and not Apple. Easier to manage that way and easier to fix any problems.

Also, FWIW I did not have to wait at all to get a live person on the phone. Which in and of itself is worth ordering through Zinio and not Apple.

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Good tip,,, I haven't used the iTunes interface via the iPad to make a purchase yet. I think I will continue to use the web interface for now until this gets resolved.

10. CuppyCake macrumors member

CuppyCake

Zinio

I got a $10 certificate today toward my next purchase which was today.

11. big samm macrumors 65816

Zinio is cool and all but if your magazine have a app in the appstore i would get the app instead! The only thing i hate with zinio is there's no interactivity at all. Just a plain pdf of your favorite magazine, and you always have to zoom in to view your content!