Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryDeebs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
I'm new to this forum and a new MAC user so if I'm posting this in the wrong location please let me know. I recently downloaded a bunch of games to my MAC and they are .zip files. I have no idea how to extract them and play the games. Please help. Thanks.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Just double click the .zip file and it will unzip to a folder, then you have the game. You will probably need to open the game with the emulator in order to play the games, but that's easy (just hit apple O then select the game).

HarryDeebs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
I tried and it didn't work. When I click on it, it says unarchiving for a few seconds then disappears and nothing happens. Maybe it's going somewhere but I don't know where.:confused:

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
It will unzip to the folder where the .zip file was located. Say the .zip file was called "Supermario.zip" and it's in a folder called "NES Games". When u double click the supermario.zip, it will unzip into a folder called "Supermario" in the folder "NES Games". Here's a screenshot that hopefully help you:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 69

HarryDeebs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
No such file exists. Only the one containing the .zip files. Any suggestions on where else I could look? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.