Zip Zero at mid Michigan Radio Shacks!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Timechaser, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Timechaser macrumors member

I found out that RS just released a district wide memo stating that there will be no iPhone 4's available for purchase in their mid Michigan stores on the 24th.

Up until yesturday my Detroit area RS rep was very sure that they would at least have the few iPhone 4's that had been reserved on the 15th but as of today that is not the case ~ :(

2. Branskins macrumors 65816

I hope Best Buys here in Michigan won't issue a similar memo :(

3. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

same story in CO. there is nowhere in this college town to get an iphone on the release day....

4. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

I can confirm it's unfortunately true. :( I visited a RS in the Flint-area and they mentioned the same memo. What made me not believe it at first was that the woman who told me made it seem like Apple is only going to be selling the iPhone exclusively at Apple stores at first. I think she was misinformed about that part, but correct on the memo.

5. Branskins macrumors 65816

Luckily I am not in Ann Arbor right now because I am sure all of the nerds at school will be lining up at the Apple store at the mall for this thing.

I am still hoping my Best Buy in metro-Detroit isn't popular enough for people to swoop in for the phone. Basically I hope no one cares that the phone is coming out so I can waltz in and get one! /hopeful thinking

6. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

Very hopeful thinking, but I wish you luck! :) I know around here I had the same hopes, but now doubt very much that I will be getting an iPhone 4 tomorrow.

7. pab277 macrumors regular

I won't be going to Radio Shack, because when I called today, I asked if they would be selling the iPhone 4 tomorrow, his response "uhh..probably..i dont know yet, we havent recieved anything, but sure..."

8. Branskins macrumors 65816

Ya :/. I guess I can only try to keep a positive and hopeful attitude haha

9. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

You and me both, lol. I'm still holding out slim hope that I'll be able to get one tomorrow.

10. Built macrumors 68020

Big surprise there. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that, though...because they led people down a path with their lies, distortion and incompetence. (Not ALWAYS the fault of the individual store either.)

I wonder where the guys are on here who smugly came on prior to the 15th to boast to us how they had managed to finagle pre-orders out of their RS store BEFORE the pre-order date. I wonder how they made out.