Ziphone 2.4 to unlock iphone for T-mobile

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KhuntienNang, Feb 20, 2008.

1. KhuntienNang macrumors member

hello! I just bought my iphone today, and was trying to use the ziphone to unlock it for my tmobile.

i ran the "ziphone -a -j -u" command, and it ran a few lines, then the last line came out like "USBMuxListenerCreate: No error".

and the whole thing just stops there.
    how should i proceed from there?

2. oldimac macrumors regular

There are a lot of great tutorials on iclarified.com.

Go to bottom and click on Tutorials and when the page comes up on iPhone and start looking - there are all kinds of tutorials on using ziphone and other things. :D

3. want.iphone macrumors newbie

Hi, Were you able to resolve the error? And does all the features of iPhone work after unlocking with ziPhone2.4?

Wish u all the best with ur iPhone.:apple:

4. KhuntienNang thread starter macrumors member

i just unlocked mine yesterday. so far it works okay. but let me play with it further, i may find something. but so far so good.

and regarding the error thing, i found that i do need iTunes when unlocking / using the ziphone. when i first unlocking it, i didnt have any itunes, hence the error. so, after i downloaded and have it in my comp, the error disappeared, and unlocking process just went smoothly after that. i dont know if it is the proper 'solution' for the error. maybe just my luck

5. Subculture macrumors newbie

Yes, you should have iTunes installed and running for ZiPhone. I did and everything works great!

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Your error was only because you didn't put the iPhone into recovery mode. I got that error a few times when I forgot to do that.

7. KhuntienNang thread starter macrumors member

what is the recover mode?
    i wasnt familiar with iphone, but i didnt do anything with the iphone when i used ziphone, it was fresh out from the box.

btw, i have another question now. after i unlocked it with ziphone, i got this zibri's blog icon, how do i remove that?

also, i have this icon called installer, would it be save if i try to download and install some stuff from there? would it messed up the unlocked iphone?

8. want.iphone macrumors newbie

Can anyone of you please provide url to download authentic ziPhone. I heard there are few fakes as well available on the internet. Thanks in advance guys!!!

9. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Here you go : http://www.ziphone.org/

10. wchong macrumors 6502