ziphone 2.6

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by RST, Mar 13, 2008.

1. RST macrumors member

come on, any one else been dying for the 1.1.4 16gb touch problem to be fixed?

2. RST thread starter macrumors member

3. RST thread starter macrumors member

that only works for windows and i mean this in the least rude way as possible: this is macrumors.com, i own a mac.

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Again, in the least offensive way possible...

He's trying to jailbreak an iPod, which is a mac product.

5. RST thread starter macrumors member

honestly, im not trying to start any arguments.

for what its worth, i would never have found this website (and the forums) if i didnt own a mac.

sometimes people take things the wrong way, or simply misunderstand and it makes the forum environment a threatening place. i don't often post because of this.

im waiting to jailbreak my 16gb ipod with ziphone 2.6 on a mac. anyone waiting with me is welcome to share their thoughts.

also, the ipod is an apple product.

6. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Ah, $&@#. Well... There goes my credibility in this argument =P...

Anywho, even though I dont have a 16GB Touch, I curiously find myself anticipating this update... Any update is good news I suppose?

7. RST thread starter macrumors member

definitely.

ive been dying to jailbreak, but had no luck on 2.5. really pumped for 2.6, so long as it works

8. Jonx macrumors 6502

Jonx

it works! just jailbroken my 16gb ipod touch v1.4

9. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

Until someone could verify that it works on Week 38 16GB iPods (the ones that supposedly have (2) 8GB drives), I'm avoiding it.

10. RST thread starter macrumors member

it worked for me, i got mine in december- if that helps

11. othersongs macrumors member

othersongs

not working

i have an 8gb iTouch. I have tried the new Ziphone 2.6 4 times and nothing is working. I keep having to restore. It is too annoying.

Whatever happened to that one website where you go to it on your iTouch and it does all the work for you.

And Jailbreaking for Mac should be top priority. Kids on their parents Vista should not get to Jailbreak before me.

Anyway, thanks all for all your hard work - much appreciated!

12. shockstars.com macrumors newbie

I have a 16 GB iPod Touch which I tirelessly tried to jailbreak using Ziphone 2.5. I own an older PC running Windows XP as well as a MacBook Pro that I got a few weeks ago. I tried on the mac and on the PC with the multiple clicking method. After no success, I restored with the 1.1.4 firmware and paid for the iPhone apps.

Today I saw that Ziphone 2.6 was released, so I decided to give it a shot. I used my MacBook Pro to do the jailbreak. It worked absolutely flawlessly, and it even retained all of my songs, videos, settings and the iPhone apps.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe I have the older model of the 16 GB with the 2 8 GB drives. I bought the touch last November I think. For those of you who are not having success with this method, this may seem like an obvious question, but did you make sure to use the "Jailbreak iTouch" option and not simply the "Jailbreak" option? Go back and have another look, and maybe that will solve your problems.

13. James L macrumors 6502a

I have the original 16GB Touch, week 37 I think (bought in October), that was running 1.1.4 with the January apps.

The Jailbreak using Ziphone 2.6 (for Mac) was completely successful last night on the first try.... took about 1 minute.

14. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Ziphone 2.6 is a complete success! It worked in about 30 second for my week 45 16 g Touch. Nearly every app works also. At last a real jailbreak for the mac and 16 g Touches!