ZiPhone: Recommended!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhonenewbie, Feb 28, 2008.

1. iPhonenewbie macrumors newbie

hi,

just a quick note to say that i highly recommend ZiPhone for Jailbreaking if you are like me in the UK on O2 with a firmware version of 1.1.3.

http://www.ziphone.org

prior to this i had spent a long time, e.g. two days researching which method i should use to crack the iPhone and eventually got confused with all the different methods available.

the ZiPhone application is very straight forward and once downloaded (on my PC) gave me 4 options;

1) Unlock, Jailbreak and Activate
    2) Jailbreak, Activate
    3) Jailbreak
    4) Refurbish (restore locked state)

Just out of curiosity, from a technical point of view, how does ZiPhone actually goes about doing all the above?

thanks,
    Long.

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

U say ur on O2 in the UK... are you an official iPhone O2 user or a non iphone tariff user?

What options did you use with ziphone?

3. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Perhaps asking this question on the ziphone forums will get you a answer:confused:

4. iPhonenewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm an official O2 user, but the phone was registered before i got my hands on it.

i used option 3) Jailbreak as i wanted to keep the phone on O2 to receive updates to the tariff etc... and it was already activated.

Long.