Ziphone server down?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by FencingGeek1695, Jun 14, 2008.

1. FencingGeek1695 macrumors newbie

I try to download applications via my iPod but it won't work. I know my Internet is working since I'm writing this with my iPod.

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

ziphone is a piece of software for your OSX machine you can't install it thru your ipod touch

3. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant that the thing to put the 3rd party software on your ipod. Once you jailbreak it a thing called installer is put on your iPod. You get software from there.

4. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

mine is working what error comes up, because if you put things queue to install it does break it and u need to clear the queue

5. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

Package Download Failed: Can't Connect to Host! is the error message

6. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

u need to clear the queue and that should fix your problem

7. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did, although, I did get a window to download one app. It seems like when the circle thing is going next to the wifi thing I can't download an app (but can use the internet). But when the circle spinning thing is gone I can download it.

8. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

The circle thing means that something is accessing the HDD of the ipod so you may want to goto settings>General>Auto-Lock>Never

that will also help

9. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

I disabled auto-lock (by choosing never) and I disabled my password lock, but it still hasn't changed, I usually get max on internet connection, I tried inside and outside of the house.

11. fake1009 macrumors member

Hey I am having this same problem seems like it just appeared this afternoon. I tried clearing the queue and make the ipod never lock but I still cannot download anything. The error above just keeps appearing.

I am new to jailbreak with ziphone 1.1.4 and did not notice the error last night, when I jailbroke it.

So is this a server problem or something or is it something I am doing wrong / not doing at all.

BTW to clear the queue is to press the INSTALL button and then clear queue right?

12. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try to download them again this afternoon, but until then, any suggestions/reason?