Ziphone user not able to connect to you tube

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cmoore49, Mar 22, 2008.

1. cmoore49 macrumors regular

Yes I have searched and while there are a couple posts on the same problem I have tried all fixes and nothing seems to help. I have the tweak 1.1.4 installed that is supposed to fix the problem but no luck. I have also reinstalled Ziphone 5-6 times and the end result is the same. You tube cannot conect.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. cmoore49 thread starter macrumors regular

OK I know I am not the only one with this problem as I have done the whole search thing and have seen others that can't connect to you tube.
    I have done the reset settings as Zibri has suggested and also reset all settings and then reinstalled ziphone numerous times and still no you tube. I have added in the tweak 1.1.4 that is supposed to cure this problem but no luck. Please tell me I am not the only one out here that can't figure this out. Just a noobie asking for some help. Thanks

3. cmoore49 thread starter macrumors regular

wanted to thank everyone for absolutely no help!!
    think I will go to another forum

4. skwij macrumors 6502

Sorry, I did read this, and did go thru all the steps Here and no joy for me yet, either.

Still messing about with it! May have to restore to factory, then update firmware to 1.1.4 (for some reason it's at 1.1.3 and showing as "up to date") then start all over again. PITA, yes, time-consuming, yes.

Good luck with yours, and if I get mine working, I'll post back.

EDIT:

Got mine working by reinstalling BSD subsystem, then deleting the youtube fix, then hitting the Home button, then rebooting. Not restarting, rebooting.

Thanks to Splex over at ipodtouchfans.com

5. cmoore49 thread starter macrumors regular

That worked!! Thank you for your help. I am now going to post this on some of the other threads where they are having the same problem. If you don't mind.

6. skwij macrumors 6502

7. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

while i hadn't had this problem with my other ziphone'd iphones, my most recent one does.
    i tried the above steps (reinstalling BSD, deleting the youtube 1.1.4 fix, home button, reboot). still doesn't work.
    do you need to reinstall the you tube fix? by reboot do you mean hold down the home button or pressing and holding the home/on off button?