ZiPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by prnoct90, Feb 29, 2008.

1. prnoct90 macrumors regular

BIG PROBLEM

I tried to use ZiPhone on my 16 GB ipod touch, and it froze. Now when I did a force restart, all that came up was a bunch of white text on a black background, it reminded me of terminal or something, it says some stuff, and then the line

"BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

is displayed over and over and over until it fills the whole screen. Itunes doesn't even see my ipod, so I cant restore it through itunes. Is there another way I can restore my ipod, or am I just screwed?

2. fullmetal166 macrumors newbie

Force into recovery mode

No. You can force it into recovery mode and have iTunes Recognize it using the following method:
    1. Plug the iPod into your CPU
    2. Press and hold the power and home button as if you were Free-starting it.
    3. Once the iPod shuts off and disappears from the source list in iTunes Let go of the power button BUT CONTINUE TO HOLD THE HOME BUTTON until the a pop-up window on iTunes appears saying "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode..." and the iPod screen will have the icon depicting a USB plugging into iTunes.
    Best of luck. (NOTE THAT THIS MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF TRIES TO GET IT RIGHT. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, TURN IT BACK ON AND LET IT REBOOT AND SHOW THE DIALOGUE OF JAILBREAKING AND REPEAT THE PREVIOUS PROCESS)

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Don't use ZiPhone for more than 8GB touches, it doesn't work and gives you that error.