Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moviecouple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I have an 8gb (1.1.4) Iphone. I used the Ziphone program with the "Do It All" feature and it worked flawlessly. No problems at all. It is now Activated, Unlocked, and Jailbroken. I have a few questions though.

1. If I do an iTunes "Restore"... will the phone revert back to the way it was when I first got it? (meaning: Non-Active, Locked, and Non-Jailbroken)

2. I currently do not have AT&T. If I get their normal service... can I then do the Unlock or Jailbreak (since it would then already be Activated)?

3. Can you do the Unlock or Jailbreak individually?

4. If you have a Jailbroken iPhone and Apple updates the Firmware... what happends?

---Non Jailbroken question---

5. On the iPhone in Email using Gmail... Is this pulled from the Internet account you have or is it some sort of special AT&T account that they charge for?

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
1. yes
2. just choose do-it-all, that's what I did at least
3. yes
4. will probably remove the jailbreak, always best to wait for others to experiment first. check out modmyifone.com if you already haven't for related news and progress

The mail program pulls the info from the gmail servers. If you use IMAP, then gmail and your iphone will stay in perfect harmony, even the labels! AT&T has no real control over the email, so don't worry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.