Zoinks!!!! 50" is BBIIIIGGGGG!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Scubajay, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Scubajay macrumors regular

Scubajay

So I have been a good boy and worked hard over the last 2 years to clear a large debt that has been plaguing me since 1997. Life had been hard for me for a long time with a bad relationship disaster or 3 to vex me, along with the hassles of being accused of something in my job that meant I was actually a defendant in Crown Court and looking at the possibility of being sentenced to at least 7 years in a tough jail. Being a cop in jail means death at the hands of some psycho so I was a little stressed.:eek:

Anyway.

Time goes by....I was cleared at court on all counts, found an ace girlfriend, got really into diving and everything is coming up roses (especially since I got my imac in 2006):)

After getting comfortable financially I decided to treat myself and by a new TV to go with my Eltax 5.1 home sound system/Sherwood Amp/marantz DVD so I bought a 50" samsung plasma panel.

It was delivered yesterday and holy giant mega telly batman.....that thing is HUGE!!!:eek:

TV will never be the same again. It's not tv anymore. It's CINEMA baby!!!:D:cool:

Attached Files:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Crikey, sounds like you've certainly earned yourself a few treats. Glad you like it, my parents have a 50" Pioneer, they are indeed huge!

<weeps at own poor little 43" Pioneeer> :p

3. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Congratulations! Looks great! Glad things have made a turn for the better in your life. I'm still saving up for my big TV purchase this year, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the upgrade from my current 27" as much as you enjoy yours.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

lol!

haha the expression on your face is priceless. looks like youve done well! and congrats on the court case.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

good to here your life is working out well. There is one thing that obviously still needs to be fixed though, the plaque on the wall :p

Is that one of those wooden frogs that make noise when you drag the little stick across its back on your speaker in front of the digital picture frame

<weeps at 20" crt that makes horrible noises if the volume is turned up slightly loud>

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

OMG! i knew you where going to say that xUKHKx as i seem to remember youre a mad Liverpool fan. seriously! :eek:

must be just like my Sanyo crt.

7. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Beat this! :D

Attached Files:

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Congrats on getting life straightened out, debts paid off, and on the television. 50" is quite big. I bought a 47" television a few months ago, and I couldn't believe how big it was. 42" would have been plenty for the size of my place, but I figured it's better to go slightly too big than too small. Enjoy the 50 inches of goodness.

9. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Erm, That's what she said!

That's what I said.

<Oh, Maturity, where art thou?>

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I felt the same way when I had a 50 incher delivered. They don't look so huge when they're displayed with all the other huge TVs. But when you bring it home its like "whoa thats huge"

Don't worry, in about 2 or 3 years you'll be considering a 60 inch. :D

11. seattle macrumors 6502

Nice new TV. Congrats on the upgrade. You will get used the the size after a couple months of watching it. My wife bought me a Panasonic 58" plasma a couple months ago for my birthday and we are already used to it. We moved the 42" plasma that it replaced to the bedroom.

12. Scubajay thread starter macrumors regular

Scubajay

Yeah it is one of the noisy frog things. The plaque is my GF's. I bloody hate football but she is a gooner. Mind you she puts up with my obsession with diving and mega tellies so it's not all bad!!:cool:

13. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Who wouldn't put up with "mega tellies"?!?

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

15. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Enjoy your cinema!!!!

Hey, following from some posts on this thread, we should make a thread in the Picture Gallery: "Post your crap TV", so who has the crappest TV!

I think I will win that one, I'll post a pic when I get home! Its like 3 inches, its also a FM radio and it has this long ariel and it cost £15! :D Oh, and its black and white!

16. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

Very nice but it could be pretty soon the last of the 50" plasmas sold in Europe altogether. It seems proposed new EU regulations on power consumption of home consumer electronics could effectively doom the sales of plasma TV's in Europe. :(

Small wonder why all the flat-panel manufacturers are heading towards LCD panels with LED backlighting over the next few years.

17. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Or OLED panels that dont need backlighting at all ;)