Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Hey everyone, because I'm not allowed to post video links of my review on YouTube figured I'd give you a written review and some pictures.

Thickness and Weight: I'd say the Zoogue is thinner than the incase book jacket and lighter than the yoobao slim. It does add about half an iPad 2 to the thickness but really doesn't feel like it. Feels great in the hand.

Quality: Aside from the vaja cases, probably the best quality leather and materials you can find on a case. They really went out of their way to make sure it doesn't feel cheap. Leather smells genuine, stitching is tight, and there are no rough edges. Cutouts are all precise and line up accordingly.

Usability: as far as features go, no case does more than this. Adjustable to any angle, headrest Velcro strap etc. Really let's you use the case any way you like. Also has smart case functionality for sleep/wake when opened and closed. When folded back like a book,provides the extra form and function by letting you out your hand in the Velcro strap for added grip.

Price: for 49$ with the quality of materials used, IMO it's a great deal. The incase book jacket sells for 59$ with cheaper material and a more bulky less functional case. If you use promo code ZGRUIZ2 you also get 20% off.

Cons: the only cons that this case had but were addressed with this version for iPad 2 was the velcro on the kickstand. On the other models the velcro would easily catch on your shirt or other fabric and attract lint. They have added a leather strip on the outside of the kickstand to prevent it.

504b717c.png

df1700c7.png
[/IMG]

fd0b5e8d.png
[/IMG]

ffd75310.png
[/IMG]

51ec05d8.png
[/IMG]

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
My zoogue came in the mail yesterday. Just from holding it, it seems it is about the same weight as the iPad. Good quality all around.

The only complaint I have is that the cover is not held together by magnets. Meaning when I close it, it puts the iPad asleep, but if something bumps it and it moves 15 deg. or so and the iPad wakes up. Little magnets would prevent this.

This complaint is a very small one. Just make sure when you sit it down that it is closed properly.

The case has that new leather smell to it too, which is nice.

Update: I came home from work today to find my iPad battery dead because someone bumped the case, it woke itself up and just drained the battery. I will have to start valecroing it shut, which is probably what I should be doing anyways.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
Quality: Aside from the vaja cases, probably the best quality leather and materials you can find on a case.

Probably being the operative word here, the Piel Frama case is similar to this and MUCH nicer materials. Not to mention that large Zoogue emblem isn't there. Otherwise this is a decent case.

RobertK81

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2011
This case looks great for its functionality! I just dont like the bezel covered so much.

Im looking for a case i can use on my lap with a stable 45 degree angle.
Is there a case similar to this with minimal bezel coverage?

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
For those still interested in buying case, promo code now gives free shipping instead of 20% off.

morg0052

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2007
I have had my zoogue case for a few days and I must say it's awesome. Does everything a case should do basically, I love that it stands at any heigth, very very conveinent.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Not my cup of cafe (cappuccino do be exact). But hey it seems to work for others so it's all good.

JimV03

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
I have had my Zoogue for a couple weeks. I love it! For me, it's the best case out right now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.