ZooGue iPad Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by SchneiderMan, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

So i found out about this guy on Youtube who is starting a company for iPad cases, now he just got his first case sample made and as soon as i saw the logo i thought wow this will not sell at all imo. So what do you guys think about it? Will you buy that case with that logo on it? I would think not haha

Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqU82HX88AE

I let him know what i thought in the comments..

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

First off, the size of that Logo is nuts.

I imagine his idea is that with a big logo, the product will self advertise. Perhaps he fails to understand, if the product is good enough, people will ask someone who's using it what it is, and the word about it can be spread that way.

Also, not actually showing the design of the case? How can expect to get any feedback on it if he doesn't show anyone the case before it goes into production?

Lastly, his website looks atrocious. If guy can't even hire a decent web developer, I really doubt his management ability in creating a 'iPad invention case ZooGue zomg I'm awesome and bald company'.

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Exactly, he is way over his head and he thinks he is going to be rich.

4. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Perhaps he just needs enough money for otoplasty. :D

5. dino26 macrumors 6502

I hope the guy does well but i want to actually see the case

6. theman510 macrumors 6502

I just commented agreeing with you Schneider. This looks like exactly what I want but I don't like the logo. Hopefully he changes it before it goes on sale

7. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

8. dino26 macrumors 6502

I agree , it would be nice to know though what type of case is it , a slip case a zip up case ?

Also i think i read somewhere it can be moved to any angle , apparently some UK folk stole his idea from the factory ....or maybe the factory people gave it away for a few $$$

9. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

10. FlashHead macrumors regular

IMHO, a stylish case should be like an elegant frame, stage if you will for the star of the show, the iPad. I certainly wouldn't want a case that would try and upstage the beautiful device.

11. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Looks like he spent more time on the logo design than the case design. I wouldn't buy that thing. It looks like a Southpole shirt.

12. Sparced macrumors regular

Sparced

I found this guy's videos earlier on today while I was looking for more information on the Quirky case. He had posted replies to some blog posts using his own name Tim Angel as the username saying how he intends to buy the ZooGue (his own) instead as its much better.

After watching a couple of YouTube clips about how he has sold all his possessions, quit his job, took a $10,000 investment from his best friend's Dad and flown out to China it stopped becoming funny and I felt really bad for him.

Schneider, there's no helping people out like that. He is going to have to learn from this mistake on his own. I just hope that he doesn't lose all his saving or the friendship after he is unable to repay the money.

Utterly depressing stuff. Drawing attention to it just makes me more sympathetic. Reminds me when you get people on shows like Dragon's Den who just don't have the self awareness. :(

13. componentT macrumors newbie

I think the case is going to blow up.

I wouldnt worry to much for this kid. Seems like he's very young and very smart. He's harnessing the web to get people interested in his project. I would also imagine that it keeps him accountable, too. He knows everybody is watching and it motivates him. And as far as selling everything and leaving his job, there's nothing crazy about that. Its just a sign that he's all in. Thats passion. Key ingredient for success.

No matter what happens with this project (which I think will succeed), he's gaining amazing experience. How many people would have the balls to sell everything and go to China? CHINA! Thats like flying to Mars. DIFFERENT WORLD.
    Its guys like him that take risks and succeed. If it doesnt make him rich, the experience will certainly at least make him even better prepared to successfully implement his next idea GO TIM.

And for you clowns on here bagging and insulting the guy a personal level, you are what you are. Nobody pays you much mind.

14. ZooGue macrumors member

Thankyou for the comment,

I Dont understand how this could be the case that you want when you have not even seen the entire case let alone it's funtions.

Thankyou, Tim Angel:)

Yes i have not released full pictures of the case or its fuctions. But there is a reason to this, if i release a full picture it will give away the case's functions. And if i advertize its funtions right now larger companies will steal my design and get it to the market before I do.

I see you are a big fan of my website haha, thankyou sir. I am the one and only web developer of the ZooGue website.

Everything related to ZooGue has been done by me.

15. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Maybe the case is aimed at a different market than we all presume. It may not be aimed at US / UK markets. For example that form of styling maybe very popular in areas such as Asia.

16. ZooGue macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

hahaha

I think my ears are perfectly fine.

But i am glad to take your negative comment, so that you can feel better about yourself.

Thank you
    Tim Angel

17. ZooGue macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

Hey thanks,

I really apreciate it. Yes I know im sorry i have not released the details on the case but i just want to make sure no large company has the chance to copy me before i get my case to the market.

Thanks,
    Tim Angel

18. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I think we should give this guy a break. I personally think you are a marketing genius, Tim. The videos are intriguing and I don't know who else would have thought to put the hospital room videos up but it kind of wraps you in, like an ongoing drama. I think the logo is a little big but I will give your case a good look because I almost feel like I know you and I want you to succeed. BTW, smart of you not to reveal the features for your mentioned reasons. Best of luck!!!

19. dino26 macrumors 6502

Tim I like what you are doing but how long do we have to wait ? , I thought you said some company from the UK stole it from the factory. How much will the case retail for.

Ps: sort out your camera dimensions for the YouTube videos

20. ZooGue macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

I guess i will take that as a compliment.

Thankyou,
    Tim Angel

21. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Is there something completely revolutionary about your case that you don't want a big company to see. As far as I can tell most cases are just a bit of material that goes round the iPad with a zip.

22. dino26 macrumors 6502

From what I heard you can position your ipad at any angle , so I'm assuming it's gonna be like that thing you attach to your tomtom so it sticks on your windshield

23. ZooGue macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

Well i can say it is a case that the ipad slides into but will be secure in there and will not fall out like many other cases.

I decided not to use a zipper because it is a hassle to have to zip up your case and unzip it whenever you go somewhere.

Yes I am not sure how the person got the similar idea as one of my functions. It is possible that he also just came up with it. I wouldn't want to lable them as copying me.

That is ok, the Design is a very important part for any companies case, but also The execution of how they develop thier company's marketing, Quality, and Reputation is key.

Thank you,
    Tim Angel

24. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Would a whole iPad on your windshield not be slightly obstructive, and I didn't relies that the guy had made so many videos about his product, that is a pretty smart idea, if I was making tech products I'd probably steel it. However I don't think too many people who buy car parts have ever even heard of youtube. :p

25. ZooGue macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

Sorry that my case is different.

But calm down no one will force you to buy it.

Just buy a different one there are houndreds out there.

Hey maybe you can start your own company, but make sure you do what everyone tells you to do, then you will be very successful.

Thank you,

Tim Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.