ZooGue iPhone 4S / 4 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Daremo, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Daremo, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Today in the mail I received my iPhone 4S case from ZooGue. A couple months back, they had a promotion, pay only the S/H and the case was free for the first 50,000 people. I think they still may have this going on.

It's a TPU style case, but much softer, and more playable then your typical TPU case. My comparison is to the Switcheasy Vulcan. This case has a matte finish to it, and I'd almost say it feels between a silicon case and a TPU. It's feels soft, but not tacky like silicon.

This case is very thin. The thinest TPU style I have seen yet. It has a nice lay on the table design, and a unique feature is the ridged sides for grip. Not only does this look good, but actually serves a purpose, and works well. The TPU is hard enough where it grips very well in your hand.

All the cut outs on this are perfect, for both my 4S and 4. The images below are the case on my 4, photos taken with the 4S. There is also a screen shield on the front glass. This has enough room, where I can't see any issue with a back shield on as well, I still think it would be a good fit.

My only criticism would be, I wish the TPU material was a bit harder around the lay on the table design. It pulls away from the edges easier then my Switcheasy Vulcan, but no where near as much as a silicon case.

For only paying S/H, this case is fantastic. Even at the posted price on the ZooGue website at $14.99, this is a good value for the money.

It comes in Black, Grey or Black. I picked up the black version.

http://www.zoogue.com/free-iphone-4s-social-shell-case/

EDIT: Here's a video review of the case as well...

http://youtu.be/shu7x5A_sCo

Attached Files:

2. RA19 macrumors regular

Nice!

Not sure whether to go for the black or the black!

;)

3. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

For $3.99, I order one of each to check out. My daughter will take the pink I'm sure.

4. bluey08 macrumors newbie

just bought 2 cases for $3.99 AWESOME...thanks op :D

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I just picked up 2 also. Heck, for $3.99, it's worth trying. Thanks from me too, OP. :D

6. hizzaah macrumors 6502

sweet, got three cases for 4.99 :D Thanks Daremo! now I have a few stocking stuffers lol

for those that dont want to do their "like on fb" to get the code crap, the coupon is FreeiPhone4SCase.. I hate using fb nowadays lol

7. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I bought a black and a pink for 3.99. Thanks for the heads up!

8. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Sweet! Picked up 2 for myself as well! Thank you OP!

9. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Where do they ship from? How long did it take to get the order? J/w

10. andyriot macrumors member

Very tempting! I think I have to get one for price alone.

11. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Took a couple months to get it???? Oh well just placed an order.

12. andyriot macrumors member

Is this true?

Also shipping just jumped from $3.99 to $5.99 should of ordered when I had the chance! lol

13. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

It took a could of months, because he announced this before the iPhone 4S announcement. He assumed like other case makes, it was going to be the iPhone 5 design, so when the 4S was announced, he revised the case, and manufactured the 4S case instead. This is what the email said. So, at the time I ordered this, it wasn't manufactured yet. Now, they are in stock, so I assume will ship quickly.

----------

I did a quick video review as well for you to check out.

http://youtu.be/shu7x5A_sCo

14. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

Does this case work well with the 4S camera and flash?

15. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

Yes, the opening is large enough, and the case is thin enough, where there's no issues with the flash, at least on the black case I have.

16. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

Also how is this case for protection? Will it survive a drop or is it too thin?

17. TuiSong macrumors regular

I couldn't see any like button on the page to get the code, and when I added one to cart it was coming back at $14.99. I guess maybe the free deal is over?shame they didn't make it one per customer or something.

18. mpossoff macrumors 68020

You needed to follow the directions, it told you to hit Like.

19. hizzaah macrumors 6502

Or add the promo code I posted earlier.. There's a spot to enter it in your cart

Edit: just checked and the code still works

20. TuiSong macrumors regular

And if I couldn't see a like button on the page, like I already said?

1. Click the LIKE button above, and wait 2 seconds for coupon code to pop up.

except there is no 'like' button above. Yes I do have basic reading comprehension abilities

----------

Thanks! I ordered myself one. the case I got for my iPhone when I bought it is a bit loose and it doesn't quite feel like it is in there solidly, so I was looking around for a new case to try that would offer a bit more security but still remain slim

21. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

22. hizzaah macrumors 6502

Yeah, but it's free.. Might as well pick one or five up just to have a spare.. I'm using them as stocking stuffers for those family members that you don't really think you should have to give them a gift, but you're obligated to do so. And if they don't have an iPhone, that's their fault lol

23. greg555, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

greg555 macrumors 6502a

This case looks pretty good. Is it worth the $12 they charge to ship to Canada? (I already have a couple of cheap TPU cases.)

Update: When I put it in my shopping cart I was able to choose from several shipping options. The cheapest being $6. So I ordered it.

24. ac921ol macrumors regular

Sweet find. Just ordered the black one and pink one for the better half.
    Shipping to va 5.99 for both

25. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Got my case today and thought I would give my quick first impressions.

For a tpu case it's super thin, which I like. I was worried that the small piece running along the volume buttons would be flimsy but it doesn't seem to be too bad. The grip of the case is fantastic. My only minor complaint is that the power button cut out needs to be about 1mm deeper. Currently the case is lifted a little but around the power button. It's not super bad but I notice it. Overall, at $3.99 I think it's a steal. I wouldn't pay the msrp for it though as I would expect no issues with the fit (power button) for that price. If they were to fix that this could honestly be my new favorite case.