Zoogue social pro alternative to iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dogbiskit2, Nov 4, 2017.

1. dogbiskit2 macrumors member

Hi,
    I’ve been using a Zoogue Social Pro case for my 6s plus for a while, and I really like the soft matte look and feel, and the ridges that give the feeling of a secure grip when holding it. Plus it doesn’t push up the edges of the Daswise (non-case friendly) screen protector I have on it.

There doesn’t seem to be a version for iPhone X, so I went for the Incipio NGP. It feels and fits the phone nicely, but the grip doesn’t feel quite as secure. Admittedly, it might be partly due to the smaller form factor of the X and the fact that I’m so used to having the ridges there to hold on to.

However, does any know of any decent alternatives to the zoogue social pro case for iPhone X?

Thanks in advance!
    -D

2. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

3. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

This. ^^^

Silk makes some good stuff.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    By the way, a while ago I received an email from Zugu (Zoogue) that said they are getting out of phone case business to focus on just iPad cases. Not sure if that’s still is happening.

4. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, it's true. I contacted the founder, and he confirmed. I loved the Social cases and haven't yet found anything similar for the X. I'll check out the Silk. Any more suggestions?

5. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

That’s a bummer. Did you use the Zugu case on your 7/8?

I really like the Silk Base Grip. It’s not the dense TPU of the Zugu. It’s a harder TPU. Finish resists lint and has a nice grip. Like how you can one-hand the Plus size model with this case. They do have a X case.

6. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Yes, after trying a few cases, I ended up with the Zugu as my main case for my 7+. I also had used it in my 5S. Never tried it for some reason on my 6+.

Thanks for the Silk recommendation. I think I'll give that a try since you recommend it so highly.

7. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

I’ve been thinking about picking up the Zugu and giving it a try for my 7+, but have several cases already.

Did you like the fit on the 7+?

8. JTravers macrumors 6502a

No complaints from me. Covered everything well. Port cutouts at the bottom were large enough for all the cables I tried. Excellent grip, of course. Not too billy like bulky either.

9. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

Great. Did you ever drop the phone in the case?

I posted some pics of the Base Grip on my 7+ somewhere in forum. Let me see if I can find them and post here.

Edit: Couple of pics of Base Grip.

Attached Files:

10. JTravers macrumors 6502a

I have dropped it a couple times with no issues. Dropped it on a wood floor and on concrete. Just a waist high drop, though, and it fell on its side and back not on the front.

11. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

I ordered one tonight in black. Had one on my 6 Plus and liked it. Just another case to mess around with. :D

12. dogbiskit2 thread starter macrumors member

I went ahead and ordered the Silk case (in the maroon); received it today, and it’s great! Sad to hear about Zoogue not making phone cases anymore, but I’m thinking the Silk will do quite nicely. Thanks for the recommendation, michaelmidnight and scjr!

-D

13. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

Glad you like it! If you can, post some pics. Would love to see it on the X.

14. dogbiskit2 thread starter macrumors member

Sure thing :)

Attached Files:

15. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

Thanks and great pics. That looks awesome! :cool:

16. dogbiskit2 thread starter macrumors member

All in all, I’m still liking the silk - secure grip, good fit, thin. But I do notice that it doesn’t slip into my pockets as nicely as the zoogue did; I’m guessing it’s due to the grippy texture. I think the ribs on the Social Pro were a good combination with the soft matte material. Are there any other cases like this worth taking a look at?

17. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Is the Silk made of a soft material line Zugu cases or is it a harder material?

18. scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

It’s a harder TPU. This reviewer bends it in the video:

19. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the video. It looks kind of like this case by Patchworks.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075D212VT/

There's a promo code I found on Slickdeals (8P96P8BY) that drops the price of that case down to $4. I just got it yesterday and have been pretty pleased with it, especially considering the price. Definitely not as grippy as a Zugu but seems like it might by comparable to the Silk.

20. scjr, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

scjr macrumors 68020

scjr

Cool. I was considering that case, but someone here mentioned it scratched very easily on the back.

What color did you get?

21. weezerr macrumors regular

Ive tried the Level ITG case and the Wave Grip case, neither of which is as good as my Zoogue social pros.

Ordered the Silk based on this thread. I miss my social pro.

22. weezerr macrumors regular

Liking the silk a lot, best case I have tried so far for the X. Better than both Patchworks cases I tried.

23. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Good to know. Thanks.
    I've settled on the Apple leather case. Can find gently used ones for about half off on eBay. I've actually been pretty happy with it so far. I might try the Silk now, though.