Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Wife has a Zoom high school reunion coming up Sunday; the last one she will participate in so want it to be nice for her. I have a 2015 MacBook Air and an iPhone 8. No time to look into auxiliary cameras. I went to FaceTime on the MacBook to test the camera properties and (not surprisingly) it is mediocre at best. Next I turned on my iPhone 8 camera, selected video and reversed the camera view to selfie mode. That almost looks like a better camera, and I can turn the iPhone sideways to get a wide screen view. And that looks nice! The question is - is there a way to hook up my iPhone to the MacBook to use it as an auxiliary camera? Or would I be better off trying to do the Zoom reunion on the iPhone instead of on the MacBook? I have very limited experience with Zoom and have never done it with the iPhone before. Regrettably I do not have a camera stand for the iPhone, so it would have to be a two hour hand-held affair or a jury rigged mount. Suggestions welcomed!!

dchou

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2021
In the App Store for the iPhone, but not in the MacBook App Store. Did find EPOCCAM and Iriun apps last night; looking at them, too.
You download the app on your iPhone and use the website to install the driver/settings for desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.