Zoom in Google Maps doesn't work correctly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maccer1, Sep 17, 2008.

1. maccer1 macrumors newbie

Whenever I go into google maps the map zoom bar on the left side is gone. I got my mac a few months ago and it worked for a while but it just disappeared one day. I don't know if I did an update around that time or not. You can still zoom with the scroll wheel but it would be nice to have the bar. Any ideas?

Another complaint I have about Safari and Google Maps is it's slower and the maps load in big square blocks and lag unlike on a PC. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've had too many headaches using Google Maps on Safari. I just use FireFox. :(

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Sounds like what I'm seeing. Google Maps always used to work perfectly in Safari. Now it seems to have lost the controls on the left as well as the Map/Satellite/Terrain buttons on the right. :( This is a very recently change though.

Attached Files:

4. maccer1 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's strange, after not working for a couple of months it came back for me. Maybe it was the last round of updates that did it. The performance still isn't as good as IE though.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Safari behaves a little better on a faster connection but it's still flaky for me on Google Maps.

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

It works in Safari if I visit an international version of the site. I'm at maps.google.ca and it's working flawlessly. So it's not a problem with Safari. Google is just feeding Safari users in the US (at least, some of us) a weird broken version of the site.