Zoom out %2 !! not x2, trying to shrink...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbeul, Dec 31, 2008.

1. jbeul macrumors newbie

Hi,

As I was on windows some times ago but now diffenitly drop it, there is though one program that I want to have on mac : fake a resolution

Let me explain you. For example if your screen supports only 1440x900 but your graphic card supports more you can "fake" the resolution to have for example 1680x1050 on that screen anyway. What happens ? In real the resolution should make windows screen like "zoom in" that you have to move your mouse to access the corner of the screen, but that program zoom out the screen...

It's working good for little change for example 1440x900 to 1680x1050 but it turns blurry from 1024x768 to 1680x1050.

So i found reswx something like that on mac wich allows you to force the resolution, but the mac zoom doesn't allow me to zoom out -x I can do x2, x4, etc, but not %2, %3, which I know it's possible of course.

So I was wondering if someone of you know a program which allows me to zoom out so I can have the 1680x1050 resolution on my 1440x900 screen ^^

Thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Oddly enough, if you're using Tiger or Leopard, Apple's put functionality in the UI code to do this sort of scaling, but it's not enabled by default (mostly because it's still a bit buggy). You can turn it on in Quartz Debug, part of the Mac OS X developer tools, if you're interested in playing around with it.

3. jbeul thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply ! Well which system file should I open with Quartz composer to change it ?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Umm... you don't. Once Quartz Debug is open, choose Show User Interface Resolution from the Tools menu. Alas, you can't make things smaller with this tool, but you CAN make them bigger. Also, the change only affects applications launched after you make the change.

5. jbeul thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I see, but too bad we can't make it smaller...