Zoomed in iSight with MSN Messenger (using Parallel's)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolax, Jun 29, 2007.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

For some reason my iSight camera is really zoomed in when I use it with MSN Messenger using Parallel's.

It displays fine when I open it under My Computer (zoomed out) yet doesn't when used with MSN.

I had looked at webcam settings within MSN Messenger and there is a zoom dialogue but it is greyed out.

Didn't have this problem with my Core 2 Duo MBP - maybe its due to the iSight being 1.3MP's ?

2. skierdude macrumors member

skierdude

i would recommend not using parallel's and using www.meebo.com or just using ichat. I mean why do you need do use msn messenger anyway there is so many other ways to contact your friends.

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

iChat doesn't support MSN Messenger.

Everyone I know uses MSN Messenger, that's why I need to use it.

4. skierdude macrumors member

skierdude

that is a good reason to have it. but really try www.meebo.com on the mac processor not windows.:apple:

5. skierdude macrumors member

skierdude

sorry i didn't explain what www.meebo.com was it is basically a website where you can log in to multiple messangers in one place. Its really easy to use.:)

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I noticed this too on my iMac. In Windows the iSight is zoomed in more so then in OS X.

7. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

How is continually linking to this Meebo site helping him? :confused:

He can sign in to MSN fine on Windows or OS X if he wants, but its clear he wants use of his iSight camera, so he has to use WLM on Windows, when I signed in with my MSN on Meebo just now I couldn't see anything to do with cameras, maybe I missed something?:confused:

The problem is not him using Windows Live Messenger, the problem is with his iSight cam being zoomed in whilst using it, how using Meebo.com instead is going to fix that problem (when it doesn't support video as far as I can see) is beyond me. :eek:

That's not to say I won't be using Meebo in the future, if I'm stranded on a computer without a messenger. :p

8. illustratorDavi macrumors 6502

The alternative is to use Yahoo Messenger for mac which now can connect to MSN Live users and does video chat.

9. ScottDrummer macrumors 6502

why not use msn messenger for mac? lol seems the easiest solution, does this not have webcam capabilities?
    or adium?

10. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

11. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

MSN Messenger for Mac doesn't offer webcam.

And I'm not too keen on the others - I like the layout of MSN Messenger.

I suppose I can give the others a try and try and get used to them!

12. Cronus130 macrumors newbie

Cronus130

Same zooming issue but with a bootcamp install (vista)... anyone found a fix yet?