Zooming in on my pictures aren't sharp

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 212rikanmofo, Apr 22, 2011.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Okay I know the iPad screen is 1024x768 but what's the point of having pinch to zoom if the pictures aren't even appearing sharp? I am a graphic designer and photographer and have many high res images stored on my iPad. Usually 2000 or 3000 pixels which is much higher than the iPads screen so I expect that when I zoom in a certain area of the image that it would be crisp, however that's not the case. I am uploading my images into my photo app using dropbox. Maybe that's the culprit? Is dropbox resizing my images when saving to the photos app?

2. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Yes it's Dropbox that's causing the loss in resolution, not the iPad itself. If you import photos using iTunes it'll let you double tap to zoom in and still maintain the high res detail (although not quite the full detail).

Dropbox on the other hand seems to resize or compress pics down to 1024. It's extremely annoying and a massive flaw as far as I'm concerned.

3. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I wish dropbox will fix that annoying issue. I can't stand when an app decides to downsize images. I used iPhoto this time and all is working well.