Zooming in Preview with a mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by laserbeam273, Oct 30, 2011.

1. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

I'm using a Logitech mouse, and I can't figure out how to zoom into a document using the scroll wheel on my mouse. Not the control+scroll wheel one where it's more like expanding the screen and it becomes more pixelated, but the real zoom where you see more detail. I figure this should be obvious but I've looked all around the system preferences, and searched the internet but I can't find anything... can anyone help?

2. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

The scroll wheel is usually used to scroll rather than to zoom. Of course, there are single page Apps which use the scroll wheel to zoom. The zoom in/out is carried be the keys Cmd + / Cmd -.

So what you need is a 3rd party App which will bind Cmd + and Cmd - to mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down actions. I have a Razer mouse and I can do it from Razer's App.

I don't know what works with Logitech, but you may try BetterTouchTool or USB Overdrive.

3. laserbeam273 thread starter macrumors 6502

You'd figure though that they could just make command+scroll do zooming, or something like that. I'm guessing there'd be a terminal way of doing it, but not sure I want to mess with that. Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with clicking as my logitech mouse hasn't got any extra buttons. And I don't think it'd be good mapping scroll up to command+ and down to command-, I'd probably run into problems.

4. laserbeam273 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have something supporting my palm - Logitech m100 ftw :p

In reality, the logitech m100 isn't that great. My hand's too big for it, eventually I'd like to get one of those big mice with the ergonomic shape. But I need to wait, as I've already spent so much on computers in the last year!