Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Username652719

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I'm just wondering how those who have the ZR30W are doing with theirs? Is there a driver incompatibility issue with OSX? The review on the HP website said that a man was having issues with frequent screen turn off, and that HP had not tested the monitor with OSX or provided drivers. Other searches on the forums show that many users here are happy with theirs.

Will this be compatible with my HD 5770?

Thanks!

nikonsean

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
I'm just wondering how those who have the ZR30W are doing with theirs? Is there a driver incompatibility issue with OSX? The review on the HP website said that a man was having issues with frequent screen turn off, and that HP had not tested the monitor with OSX or provided drivers. Other searches on the forums show that many users here are happy with theirs.

Will this be compatible with my HD 5770?

Thanks!

Mine has worked fine with a 2010 Mac Mini and a 2010 MBP i7. I have an iMac coming so I hope it works as well there.

Username652719

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Thanks for the reply;

How is the response in waking from sleep?

Also what about the sound and heat output?

nikonsean

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for the reply;

How is the response in waking from sleep?

Also what about the sound and heat output?

Sorry, didn't see your question. The wake is quick, much better than a cheap Samsung 24 inch I was using. I have calibrated mine and it uses 77 watts. The heat is pretty low on the top.

BigMa

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
HP ZR30w: Mac mini (late 2012) compatible?

Hello everybody! :)

Probably my questions are just plain silly, but this will be my first Mac ever... Please help! :D

1. Any driver incompatibility issues with Mac OS X Maintain Lion? :apple:
2. Do I need to download and install any software under Mac OS X to use ZR30w? :apple:
3. Is this the right cable: Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX28230 ? :apple:
4. What should I do to calibrate ZR30w? Nikonsean mentioned that, but I have no idea how to do it... Could somebody please point me in the right direction? :apple:
5. Is Mac mini (late 2012) powerful enough to properly display Blu-Ray movies on ZR30w? :apple:

Please chime in! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.